Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Tis the Season

To be Jolly... You sung along didn't you?  ;)

Christmas time just speaks to me.  I'm in love with everything about Christmas and I take it to an extreme.  Thank goodness Charlie doesn't rein me in... I don't know if I could handle that.  I went a tad (ok very) crazy in my decorating this year.  And I loved every minute of it as exhausted as I was by the end of the day.  I LOVE the way the house glows with just Christmas lights lighting up the room. And the fire going in the fireplace.  BTW for some reason we never lit it last year and finally figured out this year that if we had it going at night it made a HUGE difference in the temp downstairs at night time. Win win!  We'll be very busy this season with everything I want to accomplish.  It's only the 2nd day of December and we've already finished decorating the house inside and out.  We've had our Elf Jingle come to stay and did our traditional reindeer breakfast.  We did the Thunder Mountain Train/Santa Express.  We made Christmas cookies and decorated them today.  People think I'm nuts, and perhaps I am.  But honestly I wouldn't be able to do as much as I have done these last few days if it weren't for Charlie.  Not only does he not stop me like I said, but he entertained the girls while I decorated which helped a lot.  He fully supports my crazy feelings towards this time of the year as much of as scrooge as he can be about it sometimes.  ;)  After this, and until next Christmas, the girls will probably think I'm the worst mom ever because I won't have as many fun things for us to do ha ha ha.  It helps too that Natalia is so into it and just brings it out 10 times worse in me.

I'll try to keep up with posts about our Jingle antics, but if I don't be sure to check out the album link for Christmas 2013.  I've already started posting pictures from our many adventures in there.

The other night:  I had finally finished decorating.  Finally figured out what a difference the fireplace made downstairs (otherwise I would have been upstairs watching TV). And enjoying my absolute favorite movie.  I have to watch it every Christmas season.  The character Natalie on there is how we came up with Natalia's name.  ;) 

All set up for our visit from Jingle:
When Natalia came downstairs that morning, her face was AWESOME.  I actually started to tear up because everything I had done suddenly became so worth it in that moment, seeing her reaction was all I needed.  Charlie laughed at me because that's what we do, I cry he laughs.  ;)

2nd annual Reindeer breakfast to honor Jingle's arrival to our home:

The girls in their matching jammies. 

Jingle turned the ponies into reindeer.  One of my more creative ideas, and it's going to be hard to top.  Last year I just moved her around funny.  This year I feel like Natalia is really into it and aware so I need to do funny things too.  

Tried something new this year.  We went up to Horse Shoe Bend and rode the Thunder Mountain Train Santa Express.  The girls got a big kick out of it and loved it.  They got to see Santa and Mrs. Clause on the train and then at his little village sit and take pictures.  Lydia actually got on his lap with sister.  I was SHOCKED!  I thought it wouldn't happen until next year.  I was a little unimpressed by Santa's Village, and it was pouring rain so we were freezing.  But otherwise it was a lot of fun and a good way to spend a Sunday morning.  Most importantly the girls loved it and did so amazingly well on the train. (we didn't even have to bring out the iPad so it's tucked safely away until Christmas)

Yay for dear friends who are coworkers with the main mouse!  ;)  Jenn sent us goodies again this year, we are so spoiled!  Little brother got two cute onesies and his own Mickey (which Lydia keeps trying to steal). 

The girls got advent calendars, wash cloths, and Mickey sprinkles.  Natalia kept asking to make cookies with them so I made good on that one. 

After dance on Monday we went to get some groceries and I grabbed a thing of premade sugar cookie dough.  I don't have the patience required to make it from scratch and then have it sit in the fridge ha ha ha.  The girls LOVED decorating the cookies and using the sprinkles.  I had thought about just doing Christmas color frosting, but Natalia wanted all the colors of the rainbow.  So at least our shapes and sprinkles were Christmasy right? 

Lydia enjoying a cookie and getting blue frosting all over her face.  Her meltdowns are getting a little better, but her naps are not.  She's still only sleeping 45 min-1 hour instead of her usual 2 hour naps.  At night I finally had to let her cry it out because she was waking me up every 2 hours and then getting up for the day at 7am.  Adding to my extreme exhaustion.  She only woke up once last night and only cried for about 5 minutes so it was a big improvement.  Although she was still up at 7:15 today I'll take it.  

Some more of Jingle's antics. Natalia had commented that Jingle forgot to bring her "pershey kisses" like last year.  So Jingle was kind enough to bring them some last night, after indulging in a few herself.  I was giggling to myself smearing chocolate on her face.  

The other night: Not as creative, but I've got some fun ones planned.  ;)




No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor