Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Our horrible, no good, very bad day... and it's only 2pm

Sometimes a girl just needs her mommy. Even if that girl is 32 years old and has kids of her own... too bad my mommy is 14 hours away and won't be back until the 19th.  Sad face.  So please excuse my big long whine session.

Today was a horrible, very bad, no good day.  And it's only half over.

To start off with, I'm sick.  AGAIN!  Stupid sinus pressure, sinus drainage, head cold crap.  I'm not sleeping well because of it. The meds I'm "allowed" to take while pregnant do nothing to help so I'm pretty stuck in just toughing it out.  Thankfully Lydia is slowly but surely returning to her good sleep habits.  She slept all night last night, but Natalia was in her room at 7:30 (not sure if Lydia was still asleep or if Natalia woke her) so it was an early start to the day.

Anyway, Natalia had a dentist appointment at 10am so we had to get out of the house by 9:40am.  Lydia melted down as it was time to go because I wouldn't let her take the 19 things she was holding in her arms and limited it down to two toys.  GRR. Thankfully we were only 2 minutes late.  Natalia did AMAZING at the dentist.

Tomorrow night is supposed to be Charlie's work Christmas party dinner.  I look forward to this every year, and especially this year.  I could really use a date night with the hubs and despite this cold I just want to get out.  My go to babysitter has always been my mom, and not having her around has been really hard.  We don't get dates nights very often now.  My two friends were going to come watch the girls for me but one of them is also sick.  So now we are scrambling trying to find someone to come watch the girls.  I would ask my grandma but she hates driving at night and I wouldn't want her out on these roads anyway.  Everyone else has kids of their own and I just don't want to ask them.  Just makes me sad and miss my mom that much more.

Meanwhile it has been decided that we will be hosting taco night again at our house tonight.  Not a happy camper here.  Not only does that mean a huge mess to clean up at home prior to taco night, it means another run to the grocery store for supplies since I didn't plan for taco night when I did my shopping for the week.  Plus a huge mess to clean up tomorrow following the night.  So not what I wanted to do with my sick self today.  But if we don't do it then Charlie doesn't get his tacos and he's already going through withdrawals since we couldn't do taco night last week.  I figure i'll just get paper plates/plastic forks at the store to save on some cleaning up.  Not to mention mexican food and I are NOT friends right now.  I don't know what it is but every time I eat it I get so sick to my stomach.  Not like I threw it up in the beginning so the idea of it is gross.  It smells good, I just regret eating it afterwards.  So I'll have to find something else for myself to eat while everyone else eats tacos.  Charlie is trying to hard to help me out and get the house cleaned and dishes done before hand so I gotta give him credit for that.

So after the dentist office we head off to the grocery store. Joke is on me.  I forgot my shopping list in the car once inside the store.  Then as I'm standing there trying to remember what the heck was on that list Lydia goes into full blown melt down mode.  She doesn't want to be in the cart.  I can't carry her because of my belly and I still wanted to grab apples.  She doesn't want to be carried anyway, so I try setting her down to walk... doesn't want to walk.  This child is screaming at me and I'm doing everything in my power to not break down in tears right there in the store.  I grab apples and grab Lydia and run for self check out.  First stand we try wouldn't work and kept beeping at me, and the person manning self check out is no where to be seen.  So I try to cancel and move to another check out screen.  Meanwhile Lydia is still screaming at me.  As quickly as I can I get us checked out and paid for.  Lydia is REFUSING to put her coat back on at this point so I say screw it you'll freeze outside.  This kid has also been non stop sick it seems like so her not wearing a coat is a bad idea.  GRRRR.  Get out to the car and try to load her up.... the screaming starts all over again but this time with wild thrashing about.  I have to pin her down in the car seat to try and get her buckled in.  At this point I totally lose it and start bawling.   Thankfully Natalia is being so great and gets up in the car easily, all the while trying to sooth me and tell me to not cry.  It's at this point I realize I forgot the DAMN paper plates.  FRICK.  Seriously, I'm not about to go back into the store.  So I lose it all over again and just full blown bawl.  I mean I've got mascara streaming down my face.  Which I only wore because we were going to the dentist and felt like I needed to make myself presentable.  I feel like such a loser crying in the Walmart parking lot, but I can't help myself.  So Lydia and myself cry the entire way home.  Poor Natalia stuck with these nutsos in the car.

So now I just really want my mommy.  I really want a nap.  All that crying made my stuffy nose worse and the pressure worse.  Awesome.

Excuse me while I go drown my sorrows in some sort of comfort food/drink.

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor