Monday, November 4, 2013

Our Halloween

We had such a busy but seriously fun Halloween!!

Prior to our actual Halloween day we had a couple of fun activities going on.  We  attempted Boo at the Zoo again this year.  Except the weather was BEAUTIFUL so of course it was extremely busy.  I really think we all enjoyed it so much more last year when it was chilly and raining since it wasn't busy and the girls got a lot more candy.  But a trip to the zoo is always fun so we made the best of it.  ;)  I joked with Charlie I don't want to go back for Boo at the Zoo unless its raining though.  ha ha.  Natalia also had a Halloween party with her dance class.  A lot of the girls wore their costumes and they got to do a little fashion show complete with a runway.  They were supposed to pose and Natalia had no clue what was going on. She definitely has my coordination.  ;)



We started Halloween day off going to Charlie's work to trick or treat among all the workers there.  It was pretty darn cute.  Lydia rather then saying, "Trick or Treat," would say "I Mimmie."  The girls got lots of compliments and tons of candy.  It's the first year they've done it at Charlie's work and I hope they keep doing it because it was super fun to go visit daddy at work.  It was all drizzly that morning but I still couldn't bring myself to drive over to his work knowing how much faster we could walk there with the wagon.  So I just carried my umbrella and made sure the girls were nice a bundled and they each carried their own cute little umbrellas as well.  (remember the princess/minnie ones my mom bought them over the summer?  They've gotten tons of use lately)

We ran home and did a quick lunch and then I got to work on Natalia's preschool snacks.  I had already made "pumpkin poop" with cheese balls.  But, I wanted to make those apple smile things with marshmallows.  They really didn't turn out at all like I expected but oh well.  Natalia was super excited to go to her Halloween preschool party though.   They got to trick or treat among themselves.  
 

For a couple of years we've joined my friend Crystal and her family over at her sister's house for their traditional soup feed and then trick or treating.  I really loved it but at the same time wanted to start our own family traditions like it.  So this was the year I decided to go for it.  We live in a great neighborhood and we've got the space to invite the family over.  So we had Charlies sisters, kids, and Grandma Debra over for soup and chili.  The kids LOVED being all together and going out trick or treating together.  So I'd say it was definitely worth it.  We went around our block and a couple of extra houses.  Some houses were just giving the kids handfuls of candy because they weren't getting very many trick or treaters.  I think once they finish up the last few houses back here and fill up the last two lots it'll get really busy though.  The kids were up way too late and ate way too much candy but it was a blast.  I made Charlie dress up and I donned some Minnie ears myself.  Thankfully they both slept in the next morning as well.  I was super exhausted and worn out!!  


No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor