It turned out to be a nice day (which I swear when I had checked before it was going to be gloomy) anyway so we got the girls bikes out and went to the park. It was super cute. We played at the park for a bit and then headed home. We loaded up into the car and then went to Fred Meyer so Lydia could pick out a special birthday cupcake. She had no interest in the cupcakes but did pick out a blue rice krispie treat first. She loves everything blue right now. I think it's because it's the first color she knows and recognizes? Natalia did the same thing but with green if I remember right. We got her to pick out a cupcake as well and then paid for our goodies. We then went to Flying Pie for a yummy pizza dinner.
She loved her pizza and ate a whole slice like it was no big deal. Then we came home and sang to her with her special cupcake. All in all I felt it was a great family birthday day. =)
We celebrated Lydia's birthday with the rest of our families on Friday the 18th. I went a "little" overboard with decorating. I have serious issues. But, it turned out great and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. We ordered pizza again to make life easy on me (rather then cooking for everyone) and had salad/fruit and cupcakes and ice cream cake. Lydia got spoiled rotten by our family as always. They are just too generous when it comes to buying gifts for the kiddos. She got lots of stories and coloring books which have been a huge hit with both girls, and I'm thankful for because we don't need toys we have too many, but coloring books are always useful! I didn't actually take a lot of pictures during the party portion, I forced myself to sit and eat since I was starving. Normally I'd just hold out and keep going but being preggo and exhausted I made myself take care of me. Thankfully my SIL Steph and Ali took my camera for me during the singing and present opening portions (see link to the right for pics). She was super cute when we sang to her, and I managed to not tear up this time. Thank goodness for that one.
We are just so grateful that we have so much family around us and who are willing to come celebrate with us. It just makes the day that much more fun for the girls to have their ALL their cousins come over to play at the same time.
Since the birthday we've been battling sickness. UGH! I already posted about Natalia's croup. But, Lydia ended up getting it as well. And worse then she ever has. We were in Urgent Care Monday night for it where she was given a dose of steroids. Tues afternoon I thought she was finally starting to feel a little better, only to have the worst night I've ever experienced with her and Natalia for croup. It was AWFUL. So we went back to the Pediatrician first thing this morning (Wed) for another dose of steroids. She also has the beginning of an ear infection in her right year so another round of antibiotics it is. This dose of steroids seems to be helping though because she is significantly less wheezy. Positive thoughts right? I need a good night. That's two nights in a row I've spent in the guest bed with Lydia, snuggled and comforting her every time she has a coughing fit. It's so hard on me as mama because I can't just make it better. Not to mention I'm sick as well. Horrible chest congestion and it burns my throat every time I cough. UGH! Add that to being pregnant and not sleeping... kinda my own personal hell. Thankfully Charlie has taken the afternoon off these last couple of days so that I can sneak a nap in or I don't know how I would have survived.




No comments:
Post a Comment