Sunday, October 20, 2013

17-20 Weeks

I suck at doing my preggo updates.  I swore up and down that I wouldn't be one of those moms who slacked on subsequent pregnancies... but here I am.  DOH!  Oh well, I'll attempt a quick quick recap of the couple of weeks leading up to our big ultrasound.  I have been feeling pretty good.  My energy isn't completely back but what I do have has been great.  Nausea has gone, except for one random night of toilet hugging after doing dinner with my dad/family.  I can feel tons and tons of movement now.  It's insane, I swear this one is way more active then my first two... at times some of his movements are a little painful and he's still so tiny right now! (about the size of a heirloom tomato according to Babycenter)  Just wait until he's a full grown baby my goodness!  

Lets talk about food. My latest food obsessions include mac and cheese and a bagel sandwiches.  But not just anything will do.  I want Mac and Cheese from Noodles.  The thick creamy cheesy goodness.  Add a small side garden salad and I'm set.  I've been a few times since getting knocked up, but  I've settled many a time for just a box of spiral mac and cheese here at home and that holds me over for a day or two before I want mac and cheese again.  So I make it again and hold out for as long as I can because a box of $1 Kraft is cheaper then going out to eat.  Plus I have a dressing in the fridge that is pretty similar to the one they use on their salad that really hit the spot today at lunch.  ;)  One day driving home with the girls and Charlie from swim lessons we pass the bagel bakery on Chinden near our house.  All the sudden I couldn't stop thinking about a savory bagel with a savory cream cheese spread, turkey and the works.  So I drop them off and go back to get my fix.  I got an asiago cheese bagel with garlic and herb cream cheese, topped with Turkey, avocado, lettuce, tomato, onion, cucumber, pickles, and a slice of cheddar cheese.   OH man was it good and it seriously was satisfying.  So a couple of days later the craving hits again, this time we're near Blue Sky off of Fairview so I give them a try.  Same ingredients this time.  Their asiago cheese bagel was out of this world though, it had some herbs on it that seriously kicked the other bagels butt.  DELISH.  Couple of days go by and again, need the bagel sandwich fix.  I'm home this time so I go back to the one by our house.  It was pretty good and my belly was happy again. This time I bought a tub of their cream cheese to bring home so I can attempt to make them at home and save a little bit of money.  I've done it twice before I ran out of turkey.  They aren't nearly as good here at home, I need to invest in a bag of their fresh bagels next time as well.  But good enough! 

17 Weeks 1 day

18 weeks
And yes that's me with a blue balloon!!  

So finally the big ultrasound was upon us.  I don't know what it was about this day, but the days leading up to it seemed to just go. so. slow.  I was super excited to just find out what this baby was and I was counting down the hours.  I was excited for our first two but for some reason this one seemed to get me even more so.  Anyway, Thursday morning I was WIDE awake by 6:30am.  There was NO going back to sleep for me.  Our appointment wasn't until 9:40am either.  Anyway, fast forward to us walking into the ultrasound room.  I laid down on the table, and as the tech is squirting the gel onto my tummy she starts asking Natalia if she wants a baby brother or a baby sister. Natalia of course gave the same answer she's given from the beginning, a baby brother.  With in seconds the tech puts the wand on my belly and we have a clear crotch shot.  (with both girls they did all the measurements first and then finally did the gender, so for us to see something so clearly right away it was almost a shock) Anyway, I saw his little penis right away and I was just waiting for the tech to confirm what I was so sure I was seeing.  Charlie said he was thinking the exact same thing.   So the tech says to us, well here we go it's definitely a boy.  WOO HOO!!  So she proceeds to do the rest of her important measurements and then we get another bum shot.  Don't get me wrong, I seriously didn't care either way but to be getting a boy this time around is beyond exciting.  And I love that Natalia was right and got what she wanted. 



Money Shot!





He's perfect and healthy and I love him so much already.  It's still so unreal that we will be having a son, and now we have to focus on boy things!  On the way home I brought up circumcision (which I'm for) but it seemed so weird to actually be having that conversation.  Better get used to discussing boy related things right?  ;)   Amy stopped by on Friday with the cutest BSU outfit and hat and I squealed over it.  Seriously, I squealed.
It's a BOY!!!  Holy crap.  

Me on the other hand... well I'm a whole other issue.  Thank goodness he's perfect, because that's my #1.  But, the tech was concerned about my placenta and the measurements she was getting.  So I had to get some extra measurements for her to confirm it and to show the doc.  Turns out the edge of my placenta is right up close to the opening of my cervix.  So far, because I haven't had any issues with bleeding etc, it's not an issue.  But, it's something to watch for.  Chances are as baby grows the placenta will move and I won't have to worry.  So I have to get another ultrasound done at 30 weeks to check.  If it's moved we are in the clear.  If not, then I have to get another ultrasound done at 34 weeks.  Again, if it's moved we are clear.  If not then it's time to start discussing c-section.  Granted I don't care how this baby comes out as long as he's safe and healthy.  But, I really had my heart set on going natural this time around.  I've been doing some reading and I really truly believe after my experience with Lydia that I can do it.  So now we just wait and see.

A BOY!!! I'm still wrapping my head around it!  Do I even know how to do a boy??? This is going to be a whole new world of baby to me.

We got the bassinet tonight from Ashlee and Derek.  This bassinet has been used by all three of their boys, her sister's little boy, and both my girls.  So it's pretty special, and now our little guy will use it too.  It'll just sit in the corner of our room for a few more months, but it's pretty exciting to have it there.


Ok, so there's what I've got for now.  Technically I won't be 20 weeks until Thursday so this update is a little early.  ;)

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor