Natalia got croup. Seriously, croup at four years old?? We've had to tough it through two bouts of it last winter with Lydia, but I didn't realize kids Natalia's age got it too. Anyway, come to find out another little boy had it in her class and was kind enough to pass it on. I'm not sure how many kids caught it total, but I know for sure Jude was hit pretty hard too. I ended up taking Natalia in last Tuesday to get a dose of steroids to help her lungs out because it was tough. It really helped her cough sound a lot less barky. She's still got a gross flemy cough and has had a sore throat off and on but I definitely think she's finally feeling better.
Because of this though we had to miss her preschool field trip to the pumpkin patch last week. Man was I sad about that one!! I had so been looking forward to it, UGH! She didn't seem to care, but I really think it's because she didn't know what she was missing out on since she's never been on a field trip before.
*At the pediatrician's office. They have the sick kiddos wear a mask to try and help keep germs from spreading, I guess there's tons of this gunk going around right now.
At this appointment they weighed and checked her height. She is 3ft 5in (57%) and 35.2lbs (38%). Still tall and skinny, but really her height is average. Then you compare it to Lydia who at her two year well check was 2ft 11in (86%) and 27.2lbs (57%) and holy crap. Lydia is going to out grow Natalia in no time. I knew Lydia was super tall because she's a good two inches taller then her two 11's cousins. But geesh kid!! Lydia had to get her flu shot that day and I felt awful for her. I know when I got mine my arm hurt all day so I can imagine what her little thigh felt like.
Saturday was the Boise State vs. Reno game. My mom is in town so she watched the girls (the girls seriously love when Grandma is home) and Charlie had a Magic Tournament he wanted to go to. So I got a girls night. Funny that our girls night meant we were looking forward to going to Big Al's to watch the game. Really though, NFL... I could care less. Charlie is huge into it and has two fantasy teams. Meh. But give me some Boise State football and I'm ALL about it. Mostly for the social aspects of it, but really I love watching. Big Al's is awesome because they have the huge projection screens and it's just a fun atmosphere. It was seriously the BEST game to get to go watch. Thank you mama! Our quarter back (who normally I don't like) got hurt. I was pissed and BSU was falling behind. I was ready to go and my friends made me hang in there. Lucky I had a delicious salad and steak/mashed potatoes to hold me over. you know me it's all about food right now ha ah ha. Then half time comes and our back up quarter back steps up his game and it got so exciting. The whole second half was awesome. Seriously such a great game. Ok, I'm done rambling about football. Sorry to those who could care less about Boise State or football for that matter. ;)
Sunday night we went to Dexter's birthday party. On our way home we stopped at Albertsons because we needed milk for bed time. I stayed in the car with Lydia and Charlie took Natalia into the store. A few minutes later out they come and Natalia was caring a bouquet of roses.
I guess while in the store Natalia saw them and really wanted to buy mommy flowers. Seriously, the sweetest thing. Totally made my night, and I wasn't feeling too well either so I was a happy mama. Sometimes that little girl surprises me and reminds me that maybe I'm doing an ok job as her mama after all. ;)



No comments:
Post a Comment