Oh boy. So I've been home since Sunday and I've yet to post about my awesome trip. I tell you what when I'm gone it takes a few days to get back on track and for life to return to normal. Doesn't help that my friend Amy stayed in Boise this week to hang out. Don't get me wrong, we love having her around but I tend to drop everything to spend extra time with my friends. Thus the house (and my blog) get neglected. ;) I figured while I have a few minutes I better get this written because this weekend is going to be a busy one! (pictures to the trip are posted on Facebook, see link on the right side with my other photo links)
So we arrived in good ol' Vegas last Thursday at about noon. We got our bags and hopped onto the shuttle to our hotel. Cheryl's dad is good friends with a guy on the board of directors at Polo Towers and got us a two room suite for FREE! WOOO! It was a pretty awesome room and were stoked. We got freshened up and went about strolling the strip. We had dinner at a sports restaurant that night to watch the BSU game. (DARN you BSU... your defense is awesome, offense needs a lot of work). We started our night off on the roof (the pool was up there) Hangover style, complete with a speech/toast from Amy that was so funny it brought tears to my eyes. She had copied the toast from the beginning of the movie but with her own words and it was totally unexpected! Anyway, that night we were on the guest list into a club at Caesars Palace called Pure. It was so much fun. They played really good dance music and about half way through the night they stopped the music and played the Star Wars Imperial March (for all those nerds out there, it was pretty awesome) anyway then they had a Storm Trooper and Darth Vader throw down some light up sticks onto the crowd and all three of us got one. It was super fun. Friday we had lunch at a place called Serendipity 3, a place known for it's deserts, but ended up with a triple decker grilled cheese. Just as delish and disgusting as it sounds. We did a lot of walking that afternoon trying to find the perfect souvenirs for my girls with no such luck. That night we went to Subway for some fresh salads and subs, we felt like something somewhat healthy after our disgusting meals he he he. We went to what was the "It" club at the moment, Marquee at the Cosmopolitan, and bailed pretty early because we didn't like the music and thought Pure played better dance music. We were also on the guest list at Tao and went there but again were disappointed by it. Probably because we had so much fun at Tao (in the Venetian) our last trip to Vegas two years ago and had our hopes up high for another fun visit. But I think by then we were just so tired and exhausted that we were done with it. Saturday we relaxed by our pool and then had our show to go to. We had dinner at place called Magianos and it was seriously soooo good. I wish we had one here. We went and saw La Reve at the Winn and it was amazing. I want to see it again because there was so much going on I felt like I didn't get to see it all. If you ever get the chance to see it I highly recommend it. Sunday was a quick flight home and I was home to see my babies in time for nap time. I seriously cried when I saw them I was so happy to be home. I love my friends to death and I loved our trip, but there's no place like home!
We've had a fun week spending time with M'Amy, as Natalia calls her, and are sad to see her go back to Alaska. Can't wait for her to get married next year and be here permanently. Wink wink nudge nudge! We all went to lunch and a matinee of Pitch Perfect today. It was a fun movie and if you are into the whole Glee/Sing Off thing I highly recommend it.
Tomorrow is our friend Angie's Bachelorette party. Her maid of honor Dena has arranged for a limo to take us to mani/pedis and then to dinner. It should be a fun time!
Sunday is our anniversary! WOOO! Six whole years. Can you believe it? We're going to Melting Pot (of course) and then to Brave at the cheap theater. Fun date times ahead.
And Monday? We break ground on our home!! It's finally time and I'm so excited for it. Once it begins we'll have a pretty finite schedule of completion and will know pretty much what they will be doing each week at the house. I'll be sure to post progress photos each week. =)
Ok folks that's all for now. Sorry if it's a jumbled mess. I'm pooped and trying to hurry so I can go watch some TV with the hubbs.
Friday, September 28, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment