On Friday I had my first meeting with the designer and builder to start picking out stuff for our new house. We are going to use a lot of what they already have in the spec home, but I do want a few things different. It was so fun trying to figure out what we wanted. Most of it is done now because we are just that easy! Ha. Still need to go to the lighting store and pick a different light fixture for above the dinning table and a fan for the patio. We have some time but also need to figure out exterior colors. Soon I need to pick my appliances. In a bit of a pickle there. I love the look of stainless, but hate the idea of every smudge and finger print showing up. So there's always black but meh. What's a mama to do? Today while jumping with Natalia I thought about putting away her pool for the summer. We haven't really used it in a couple of weeks so it might be time to just retire it. Then I had the thought... the next time we will pull it out to use we'll be in our new house! Crazy! As of right now if everything goes as planned this week with the bank and our deposit then we are on schedule to break ground on the 24th of Sept.
It was also the first Boise State football game. Not surprising we didn't win.... we lost the majority of our great players last year because they were seniors. I dressed the girls up super cute that day though, ha.
We had some pretty great half time entertainment too:
Silly girl loves to play with the hose on the tramp and she was soaked.
On Thursday we went to the preschool open house for Natalia.
She loved it there, and I hope she will love it just as much without me around. One thing it did for us though is finally show her what preschool was. I've been threatening her saying she can't go to preschool if she's pooping in her panties. She would still poop in them all day long... ugh. Well, we had one accident on Thursday but then for the last three days she has gone on the potty!! WOOO HOOO!! Please let this be the end of pooping in panties. ;) Her first day will be Thursday and I'm a little nervous but so excited for all the fun she will have.
Saturday morning we got to watch Cypress for a couple of hours. We had a lot of fun and Natalia really enjoyed having her here.
They were being super cute with these sunglasses. Putting them on back and forth and giggling like crazy.
Today I opened up my very last Ziploc bag of breast milk. Sad Face. I've been tapering it off the amount of breast milk I mix per formula the last month or so to make it last just a bit longer... but it's coming to an end.
Something we've been doing here for a bit, but really has seemed to click with Natalia this last week is a "snuggle break." When things are getting crazy, or too much grumpiness is taking place, I've just about had it and want to cry... we sit down and have a snuggle break. It has really helped me attitude wise. Helps me take a minute to breath and remember why I love being home with them so much. This last week or so Natalia will come up to me and ask for a snuggle break. It's so darn cute. Sometimes she wants it just us two and sometimes she has me pick up Lydia too.
Snuggle break with Daddy
Ok last bit. Lydia's expression... oh Lydia. She used to have this poker face, it was all serious. Now it's the eyebrows furrowed look. It's hilarious. She does it all the time and we were finally able to capture it on camera.
Eyebrows furrowed and all she is just too stinking cute!
Ok.... I think I'm done. Kind of a jumbled mess but I wanted to get it all down. I just added a ton of pictures to Facebook, so this isn't even all I had. ;) This week is relatively calm. Charlie's grandma (mom's side) will be in town Wednesday. Start preschool Thursday. Saturday is the circus!!! So excited for Natalia. GOODNIGHT!













1 comment:
That face is just too much! I about died laughing by myself in my bedroom! :) Oh my goodness. So glad you caught it on camera and glad you shared it. I so hope my kids do funny things like that. :) Congrats on the new house!
Post a Comment