Hi all!
Sorry for my absence. It can easily be explained. The dreaded cold has hit our house and it hit us hard. I started to feel better and then that night Lydia had a really rough night essentially keeping me up all night and so I felt like crap the next day. All four of us have had it and are slowly but surely getting better.
In the mean time we've been up to:
*Lydia had her first couple of mommy/baby swim lessons. She wasn't too sure about it but did great! She does amazing when I got to do her back floats which is something that took Natalia ages to be good out. Lydia is still a little unsure of the water and when Coach Amber takes her from me to do something but she'll catch on quick and be just a little fish like her sister.
*Lydia is a lean mean crawling machine. She's very quick and sneaky. I have to be very diligent about putting the gate to the stairs up because she bolts for them any chance she gets. She's good at going up them but not so good about going down. She standing up on things all the time and will take a few steps if hanging onto the edge of the couch or whatever else she is holding onto. It'll be a bit before she walks but I'm in no hurry!
*Natalia has been doing great at preschool, she really loves it and talks about it a lot. I'm so glad we went ahead and signed her up this year!
*Natalia has been doing great with potty training as well. She had a good preschool class last week, but then had an accident on Tue. Today at lunch she had an accident which was odd but other then that she really has been doing so well with the potty.
*We went to the first BSU home game and had a blast. It was nice to have some time to just us while my mom took the girls. BSU won and it was a great game! Afterwards we had planned on doing a date night but Lydia was so sick and miserable at my moms we just brought her home and let Natalia stay the night with my mom. Luckily Lydia slept the whole night that night and has had good nights since despite being sick!
*Our deposit on the house has been paid and plans have been submitted to the city! WOO! I'm so excited to have that big step done with and now we just wait for our building permits and we can break ground! AWESOME!
*I'm going to Vegas! WOO! As in tomorrow! I don't think I've mentioned it here, but my two besties and I are flying out for a girls weekend tomorrow. Amy is meeting us there from Alaska and then will fly home with Cheryl and me on Sunday to spend a week here in town. I'm sooo excited to spend some quality time the three of us and just get out of the house for a bit. I'm so grateful to my mama and Charlie for taking care of the girls while I'm gone so I don't have to worry a bit about them!
Ok I think that's a bit of an update there. I really really have to go pack and get ready. I'm so not my usual self and don't have anything done yet. Normally the day before a big trip I've got lots done/organized/packed... lists made etc. Being sick really put a damper on that so now I'm quite behind and will have to work hard to get it all done in time! ;)
Wednesday, September 19, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment