I had every intention of blogging about our Easter, really I did.
Natalia's last molar is coming in. It's giving me a run for my money. She's whinny and demanding, and it's been really hard on me. I love her dearly but my patience with her seems to be running thin lately. She's also regressing a lot lately. She doesn't want to feed herself, hold her sippy herself, and is in Pj's most of the time because she's REFUSING to put on clothes. We had a full blown 20 min melt down yesterday because I insisted on her putting away her toys before getting out her puzzles. It was insane. I really want to potty train her, but she's refusing to go near that potty. Even with jelly beans as the prize... thought for sure those would work but she stopped after maybe the third try. DOH! Starting the day after her birthday I'm putting her in a t-shirt and panties and we're going to give the 30 min method a try. Finger's crossed it works.
Then there's Lydia. Oh Lydia. Whatever happened to my easy baby? Whoever took her and left me this not sleeping baby please give her back to me. I thought with solid foods she'd start to sleep better, boy was I wrong... it's just getting worse. She fights sleep pretty much from 7:30ish-11:00ish waking every 45 min or so. Then she's usually up once or twice after that and up for the day around 7:30am. Sometimes I think it's gas related and the gas drops weren't working so I tried Gripe water, which did wonders the first day and night, but then it went back to the usual struggles after that. Last night... oh yeah she didn't sleep at all. She went down about 8pm, and then proceeded to wake up at 8:30pm, 9:45pm, 11:30pm, 12:30am, 1:30am, 2:30am, 4:30am, 5:30am, and up for the day at 8:00am. I'm so very very exhausted. I'm not sure if she's coming down with something or if it's teething or what. I know she wasn't hungry last night because she refused the bottle after that 9:45pm waking until the 5:30am waking. I'm so tempted to let her start crying it out because it worked wonders when we did it with Natalia, but I'm worried about her crying waking Natalia... who is now consistently sleeping through the night. GRRR. Her naps are a whole other issue. She can't seem to stick to a schedule, sometimes napping for 45 min sometimes for an hour and a half. So that could easily be part of the problem since sleep begets sleep, but I can't seem to get her to nap better no matter what I try. BAH! WHAT DO I DO?!?!?!
Let's just say I'm tried, frustrated, and a little overwhelmed at the moment.
We did have a great Easter though. We dyed eggs on Saturday with Natalia and she seemed to get a big kick out of it. Then Sunday we went to Charlie's mom's house for lunch and an egg hunt. After naps we went to my mom's house for dinner and another hunt. Natalia got into this year and loved finding eggs. I loved fixing up a basket for each girl the night before to surprise them with, even if Lydia is too small to realize what's going on. I also got two huge boxes of clothes passed down from Jocelyn and Cypress for Lydia on Sunday. Some super cute stuff, even a couple of dresses that are the same as ones I had for Natalia last summer. They still fit so I'm super excited to make the girls match and take some pictures he he he. Of course half of the stuff she's too long for already, she's growing so fast. We have her six month check up next Tuesday and I'm anxious to see how much she's grown the last couple of months. (I've posted tons of pictures in the Facebook albums)
Saturday was also my sorority's annual charity event, Mr. Alpha Chi. It's basically a male beauty pageant and they do a silent auction before and during to help raise money for their philanthropy, victims of domestic violence. I'm the advisor to the girls for this event and have gotten to judge the boys the last three years. It's so much fun and so entertaining!! I won a weekend trip to Scottsdale too. I bid on it thinking I would get outbid because last year something similar went for a few hundred dollars. But no one outbid me! So Charlie and I will be headed down for a quick weekend getaway May 18th-20th. I'm just excited to relax by a pool and possibly sleep in! ;)
Our next few weekends are packed full as well! This weekend I have an Alpha Chi Alum event, next weekend is book club, the following weekend Charlie's grandparents will be here from Texas! We are so excited to see them and so happy the agreed to make the trip up here instead of trying to transport all of us down there. Then all the sudden it's May!! Yikes, time is flying. Before we know it I'll be 31 and Natalia will be turning 3. (SO NOT READY FOR HER TO BE THREE!!!)
I'm loving this weather. We've spent a lot of time playing outside and blowing bubbles. We walked to a park in the subdivision next to us yesterday to play. It's not as fun as the one we went to the last couple of Tuesdays though so I think we'll just stick to loading up in the car and going to that other one.
Ok, so there's the update for now. Sorry it started out so glum. I don't deal well without sleep. =)
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment