Thursday, April 12, 2012

Six Months

I know I say this every single month, and did the same with Natalia... but seriously can we just pause time for a bit?  It's going faster then I'd like and am not ready for these girls to grow up so fast on me. 
Lydia is six whole months old today!  YIKES! 

I have to remind myself constantly to not compare her to Natalia when it comes to milestones because each baby is going to be different but I can't help myself!  She's still not really rolling. She rolled on her tummy to back a few times that one day, but hasn't since.  She gets really close but won't finish it, same with on her back to her tummy.  She gets almost all the way over and then just lies there on her arm contently. **of course I wrote that this morning and this afternoon while I was doing her little six month photo shoot she decided to roll like a crazy person! Still just tummy to back but it's too funny she did that, serves me right talking smack about her. Caught one of them on video, but she did it several times! ** 

She's not quite sitting by herself either, she likes to try though.  (At Natalia's six month mark I had pictures of her sitting by herself in front of the Christmas tree)  BUT, she'll do things on her own schedule and I just have to remember that! Although I will give her credit that her screaming in the car seat phase only lasted a month or so, unlike Natalia's that went on for months and months.  =)
AT six months Lydia got her first cold.  I'm still not totally convinced her gums aren't bugging her though, so her snotty nose might be a little from that as well.  But all of it totally explains our rough night Tuesday night.  She slept so much better last night though.  I made sure to put the little incline under her mattress, use baby Vick's on her feet, had the humidifier running in her room, gave her a small dose of Tylenol and oragel, and of course made sure her tummy was nice and full.  She slept from 8:30pm-2:30am and then didn't wake up again until 7:00am, but by the time I came back with a bottle she was asleep again and re woke at 8:00am.  So I'd say that's a HUGE improvement. ;)  Overall she's been in good spirits during the day.
Lydia LOVES to be in the Jumperoo, especially now that she's figured out she can go crazy in it.  It's pretty darn cute.  She's loving the baby food.  Her favorites seem to be the banana cereal mixture I make for mornings, and sweet potato.  So far the making her baby food thing has been going pretty great.  I have quite a bit saved up in the freezer already and it stays good for three months. So I just have to add a little bit here and there to keep up the supply and add new foods to her diet.  She's still being swaddled in her swaddle blanket, not really sure how long we can keep up with that.  She really won't sleep without it though.  Charlie tried again to lay her down this week without it and of course it didn't work.  We'll see how she sleeps after we are over this funk and if she goes back to sleeping great then we won't need to worry about crying it out.  I'm going to ask our pediatrician next week about it though, see how long it's safe to swaddle her.  If we have to cry it out, should I just unswaddle her then so she gets used to putting herself to sleep and sleeping without a swaddle?
She's such a sweet baby though, her little sad cry is heart breaking.   I love her giggle so much and she makes me work for it, but when she does giggle it's totally worth it.  She adores Natalia though and always has a smile for her. Her crazy wild hair is starting to tame a little bit.  I feel bad that it makes her bald spot a little bit more obvious. 

Miss Lydibug, I love you oh so much.  I can't imagine life without you.  You have been such a joy to have.  I'm sad to see you grow, but also so excited to see you grow up and reach other milestones. 

LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK!

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor