Sunday, April 8, 2012

An Easter Story

Ok, so later and by later I mean hopefully tomorrow, I'll get to our Easter festivities.  I did however post a link to the Facebook album with pictures of our Easter fun.

In the mean time I'd like to share a fun story with you. 

So growing up we celebrated Easter in the religious sense, as in we went to church etc.  But, after a certain incident in our house we no longer celebrated Easter in the dye eggs, Easter basket etc sense. 

I can't for the life of me remember how old Derek and I were when this happened.  I must have been maybe 8, and he would have been 5?  Up until this point we did dye eggs and get baskets with candy.  Our tradition was to get peewee eggs from the egg farm.  (My family owned Merrill's Egg Farm and we had access to a lot of eggs he he he).  Anyway, pee wees are teeny tiny eggs and as little kids we were fascinated by them.  We didn't boil them though like you do with eggs before dying because they could break.  Anyway, we had a flat of eggs (2.5 dozen) and we had finished our egg dying for the day.  No idea where my parents were at the time, but Derek and I were in the TV room of our house.  I can't remember who's idea it was or how it began, but for whatever reason we decided it was HILARIOUS to chuck the eggs at the wall from across the room.  I mean come on raw eggs smashing against a wall, how is that not funny?  Um yeah... 2.5 dozen eggs later, needless to say  my mom was PISSED.  Another blank would be what took place after that, I'm sure we were the ones to clean it up.  But, part of our punishment was that we no longer did Easter.  Not sure why after a few years we didn't just start it up again, but it became the norm for us.  It was definitely strange for me to go into Charlie's family and get a basket from his mom on Easter.  ;) 

So yes, there's my story.  Fun stuff. 

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor