Sunday, April 3, 2011
11 weeks!
Ok, so eventually I will get around to posting my past weekly updates like I had mentioned before. In my little preggo journal for my 10 week entry I had made the comment that I was behind on life, but was hopeful for the week to come. And, what started out as an amazing week with getting to see my little pumpkin on ultrasound (BTW the heart rate was 171) for the first time.... turned out to be a pretty crappy week in the end. Natalia got sick, thus I got sick too. What sucks there is Natalia can't seem to catch just a common cold, it always has to turn into something more. So her snotty nose on Monday/Tuesday became gross nasty goobery (is that a word??) eye by Thursday afternoon. Thursday night was a complete and total nightmare. I went to bed about 10:30, all proud of myself for getting to bed at a normal time... only for her to wake up. From 10:30-2:00am it was nonstop in and out of her room. She was upset and obviously didn't feel well. Her eye was so gross and crusty and she could barely open it. Finally we got some sleep between 2:00-4:00am. Then it was back into her room, at this point she's really crying and tugging on her ears. I immediately think ear infection of course. I know she is more prone to them because of the binky, another reason we are trying to get rid of it. But, that night I gave in and gave her an old non-hole binky. I just wanted her to have some comfort. Of course it didn't work because her nose was so stuffy she couldn't breath with it in. I ended up inflating the air mattress in her room for us to snuggle together and try to get some sleep. Charlie came in too he felt so bad for us. After about an hour she finally fell asleep. She slept a good hour that way and right as I was about to finally dose off she woke up screaming again. At that point it was 6:30am and I figured might as well just get up for the day. First item on the agenda? Get her to a doctor ASAP! I like to get the antibiotics ASAP because she has responded to them so well in the past I knew just a couple of doses and she'd be back to her normal happy self. Rather then call her pediatrician and have to wait a few hours until we could get in I just took her straight to Primary Health. And just like I thought, ear infections and she had Pink eye. I was so dead tired and hormonal that day. I couldn't stop crying over every little thing. UGH! Now she's been on her meds a couple of days and already she's doing much better, her eye doesn't even look like it did. She's even back on the binky with the hole and hasn't seemed to care for the non-hole one. I think I'll give her a couple more days on meds and then cut more off the tip so we can finally get rid of it! Charlie's birthday was a bust too. Because Natalia and I were feeling so crappy we ended up just postponing his birthday dinner. I felt so bad that we didn't get to do anything fun for him. But, yesterday I hope made up for that. My mom was sweet enough to take Natalia for us (even though she was still a little sick) and so we had a bunch of Charlie's friends over for a game/poker night. It was a HUGE success. So many people showed up to celebrate and it was a lot of fun. Even though I'm still a little congested I was determined to make the best of the night. I ended up staying up way too late though so I was totally beat today. Another good thing happened yesterday... I went without taking my anti-nausea med last night! I totally forgot about taking it, which means my stomach didn't get upset at some point to remind me that I needed to take it. WOO HOO! 2nd trimester I'm more then ready to welcome you to my front door. =) Although I did have to take it today, I know that it's a step. I'm so ready for the super exhaustion to leave as well. I feel like a total lazy slacker slob because I'm not keeping up with the house cleaning/laundry etc. It's been tough to stay awake during nap time to do those things, that bed just calls my name! Ok, so it's not letting me copy and paste the 11 week Babycenter update! GRR. Eventually I'll find a solution to that problem. But for tonight I'm done. Need to go to bed now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yay! Gosh we are pretty much in the same boat for EVERYTHING you said in this post!haha, I think we are both having girls;)
Post a Comment