Ok as promised here are my weekly updates for while we were keeping our little secret. =)
2/14/11 Happy Valentines day to us! Found out we were pregnant today. According to my LMP this makes me four weeks 1 day. I felt yucky all weekend, so I decided to test. Not looking forward to the true nausea and exhaustion to kick in. Made my first appointment for the 28th. I'm dying to check in with this little one and make sure everything is ok! Not going to do a belly shot until 6 weeks.
Five weeks: I'm sooo pooped already! Natalia has been a great sleeper, but I'm already waking up a lot to pee and I can't seem to get comfortable to fall back asleep. UGH! And so it begins. I've felt a little nausea here and there, but I'm hoping to stay on top of eating to keep it away. I made that mistake when pregnant with Natalia. I just wouldn't eat because nothing sounded good and then when I would finally eat I would throw up. Yuk! But for the most part I've felt pretty good, just tired. I've been super paranoid this week. When we got pregnant with Natalia we told a lot of people right away, once we heard the heartbeat we told more, and then by 11 weeks everyone knew. Not this time, I felt like we aren't safe to tell anyone until we hear that precious heartbeat. I'm seriously afraid of a miscarriage this time around. It's been tough not to tell everyone. I'm sure some people suspect it since everyone knew we were trying... I guess we'll see.
Six weeks: well we told a bunch of family! Natalia wore her snuggle bug shirt around on Sunday the 27th (to my grandma's house and to Charlie's mom's house for taco night) and we just waited for people to notice. It took some people longer then others but it's done, we don't have to hide it from them anymore! I'm feeling more and more queasy no matter what I do... still not throwing up Thank goodness! I've gained 3lbs already from all the food and bloating.... not cool! Didn't get to do an ultrasound at our appointment, so we haven't heard the heartbeat yet, which means keeping our secret another month. Hopefully at the next appointment.
Six week belly shot, ignore the pj's:
Eight weeks: we were in Texas over the weekend. It was a tough exhausting trip on me! We had Natalia wear her shirt to spread the news again. It took them FOREVER to see it he he he. I'm still feeling pretty sick all day long, I got a prescription that has helped a lot though. It keeps it at bay until late at night now. I still haven't throw up which is nice, but the nausea and exhaustion are kicking my butt. It took us a good two solid days of pure laziness to recuperate from our trip. I've been taking naps while Natalia naps which helps a lot. I broke out a pair of maternity jeans too. I just feel so bound in by my jeans especially when I sit, so I just wanted the stretchiness of the maternity jeans. =) I'm finding out more and more people are pregnant around me, which makes keeping this secret even harder! One major difference between the two pregnancies are my cravings. With Natalia all I wanted was sweets and fruit. I couldn't get enough. This time around the thought of something sweet grosses me out and all I want is salty and spicy foods. The problem I'm seeing here is that I drank a lot of milk with my sweets, they go hand and hand. This time around I feel like I'm slacking on the milk consumption. All I want with my salty and spicy food is water.
Eight week belly shot, ingore the DIRTY mirror and the pj's (I live in them)! 
Nine weeks: Sunday was the start of 9 weeks and I felt SOOO sick it was ridiculous. I could barely function at taco night and felt like a zombie. Once home all I wanted was a Coke slurpee, no idea why that's what my belly wanted but Charlie went and got me one. Once I had not even half of it down I started feeling better. 10pm hit and I'm watching TV, there's a commercial for spaghetti sauce and boy did that spaghetti look amazing... all the sudden that's all I can think about! So into the kitchen I go to make myself some spaghetti and it really hit the spot. The the next day, Monday our secret almost got spilled! We found out that Steph and John are having a girl and a couple of comments got left on Facebook about us possibly having a boy. OOPS! Luckily we caught them quickly and hopefully no one saw it before we were able to remove them. One more week and we'll hopefully hear that magical little heartbeat and we won't have to hide it anymore!! Did I mention how exhausted I am? Even grocery shopping is an accomplishment for me now. After spending an hour and a half between two stores and I'm wiped.
Anyway, we told you all our news at 10 weeks (I forgot to do a belly shot for 10 weeks) and I talked a lot then, so I figure 10 and 11 weeks updates are already done. Sunday brings 12 weeks and I'm so happy to have made it this far. I want to do a 12 week belly shot and do a side by side picture with my 12 week belly shot from Natalia. I feel like I'm going to get bigger faster this time around!! I still haven't figured out how to copy and paste from Babycenter, when I right click in blogger it doesn't let me, and ctrl V isn't doing it either. So I might just have to include links to the site each update so you can all see the stuff I see. From now on I'll focus on doing my updates on even weeks to make life a little easier.
Monday we have our next doctor's appointment. We signed up to do the early screening, not because I'm worried about anything wrong with the baby... I just wanted the extra ultrasound to see it again!
So ladies and gentlemen it's time to start guessing what the gender is! We should be finding out hopefully right before Natalia's b-day and will do something fun at her party to reveal it. With Natalia the Chinese calendar and all the old wives tales said boy, the ring test said girl. My grandma who is NEVER wrong was wrong and said boy. =) This time around, everything says girl but the ring test says boy. My grandma also predicted boy. Charlie really wants a boy... I on the other hand really don't care. A girl would be fun because I have everything for a girl already.... but a boy would be great then I have one of each. I'm definitely one of those people that when they say they just want healthy they mean it. I've seen enough and been through enough with my family to know that healthy is the most important part!! =) I can't wait to know though!!

1 comment:
I say Boy.
Post a Comment