Let's just begin with the fact that I'm STILL sick! I've got this horrible cough that has kept me from sleeping pretty much all night long. So I'm running on 3-4 hours of sleep a night. At 14 weeks I was hoping to have more energy and be less sick so I can get back to the business of life. Ha, so much for that. This cold/sinus infection is kicking my butt. My ribs feel bruised and my abdomen hurts from coughing so much. UGH!!! I told Charlie the day that I feel better and can actually clean the house and get back on schedule I will be so happy. So anyway after our super busy day yesterday was I so very worn out.
Natalia and I were up around 7:30am and we let Charlie sleep in. Natalia got her Easter basket from us, which I kept simple knowing what was ahead of us. She enjoyed it though and loves carrying it around like a purse. So first off we head to Grandma Debra's house for some yummy breakfast. I was so looking forward to this because I've been craving biscuits and gravy, yum yum!! So after stuffing ourselves we just let the kiddos play for a bit. They got their baskets from Grandma and she gave us each something as a couple. Ours wasn't a basket, but a Mickey Mouse bowl!! It's so stinking cute, I'm super excited to use it at our next gatherings he he he. So then they wanted to play a board game and I was so pooped already and Natalia needed to get down for a nap so she would be able to attend our next event. Charlie stayed behind and we headed home. Natalia only slept for an hour, eek! But, I did sleep that whole hour which was great because I haven't been able to nap at all this week with this cough. She woke up cranky so I was worried how the rest of our day was going to go but she did great. We went of to Charlie's sister Alison's house for an Easter Egg Hunt. They had their other three nephews there, so with five kids all together the over 100 something egg's Ali filled were found within minutes. =) Natalia really enjoyed it though and caught on pretty quickly the point in the game. She got her hands on some candy and really enjoyed herself. She wasn't quite sure what to do with all of those boys around her though so it was funny to watch her just stand back and observe them. It'll be nice to have some girl cousins around. Of course by the time they are old enough to play dolls with her she'll probably tell them no I want to play trucks because that will be what she's used to! Anyway, after that it was off to my grandma's house for an Easter Dinner with my family. So after stuffing ourselves it was off to home. In the car Natalia managed to get a hold of her basket and broke open an egg and stuffed her face with some more candy. She doesn't eat a lot of candy normally so it was hilarious to see her all hopped up on sugar. I had her play for a bit longer to wear herself down and then it was off to bed. Yup, a busy busy day. I was so worn out by the end of the night, but it's nice to be able to spend the time with family. I've posted a link to the Easter album. I didn't take a ton of pics, but there are a couple of cute ones!
So here we are at 14 weeks. Baby is the size of a lemon now, about 3.5 inches and 1.2oz. This weeks developments are: Baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck it's thumb. By the end of the week it's arms will have grown to a length that's in proportion to the rest of the body. Lanugo hair has started to develop, and it's liver has started to make bile. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks I'll start to feel movement. I felt movement with Natalia around 17 weeks, and they say you feel it sooner with the following pregnancies because you know what it feels like now. I can't wait to feel those movements! They were always so reassuring to me, and it was the thing I missed most about being pregnant with Natalia. I'm definitely sporting a bump now, hoping that when people see me they think preggo not chubby.
Anyway, I'm definitely ready for the sickness and exhaustion to JUST BE OVER. Whether it's pregnancy related or due to my cold etc. I get depressed when I start to think how gross our house is and how much laundry needs to be done. I don't think I let it get this bad when I was pregnant with Natalia so it's definitely been hard to handle. UGH!
Tomorrow's a big day though! Our niece Jocelyn should be born. Alison is going in at 5am to be induced so hopefully by the afternoon we'll finally get to meet her. So far I think the plan is to have Adam here during the day so that Grandma gets to be present in the delivery room.
Ok. I'm queasy and need to go find a snack. I'll update more tomorrow hopefully!

No comments:
Post a Comment