"This little Snuggle Bug is going to be a BIG SISTER!!!"
That's right! We are so excited to finally announce that yes we are pregnant! We are expecting baby number two somewhere around October 23rd! There are a lot of October birthdays in my family (including baby Dexter so they will be almost exactly a year apart) so we shall see if this little one will be sharing a birthday.
I'm currently about 10 weeks 2 days along. We found out on Valentine's Day he he he. I had been feeling pretty crappy that weekend before and hadn't planned on testing until the following weekend, so I woke up that morning and decided to test anyway. Low and behold there were those two little magic lines. Happy Valentines Day to us!
We had our first doctor's appointment on the 28th of February. I met with a nurse practioner who just did my health history and did a pelvic exam. Then they drew like 5 vials of blood, yuk. She said that everything looked good and that as long as my blood work came back I wouldn't need to be back for four weeks. That was today, Tuesday the 29th. We went in for a check up and had high hopes of hearing that magic little heartbeat. I was so anxious for this appointment, I hardly slept last night. I guess my blood pressure was pretty high and they asked about it, I told them how nervous I was. The doctor was so sweet and said we'd give the dopler a try and if we couldn't find it with the dopler we would go do an ultrasound. So of course we couldn't find it so off to the ultrasound room we went. There we got to see our precious baby!
I cried, Charlie laughed at me, it was a good time! So now that we've seen and heard that heartbeat we feel safe to go public with our news. I've been super paranoid about miscarriage this time around. I wasn't like this at all with Natalia, so not really sure why I was so worried this time around. Anyway, this morning sickness stuff is totally a load of crap.... I had EVENING sickness with Natalia and this time around I'm nauseous all day and all night long! It started at week 5, three weeks earlier then it did with Natalia... so I can only hope it'll go away earlier too? I got a prescription from the doctor for something to help curb the nausea though so that's definitely helped.
Anyway, with Natalia I was really good about doing belly shots and sending emails out to our family and posting updates every couple of weeks. I'm hoping to do that this time around, only on here instead of in email. I wrote some things down for the weeks leading up to now so I'll add those to the next baby post. As well as updates from Babycenter, because those are fun to see how the baby is growing in my belly. =)
Tomorrow is Charlie's 30th birthday!! We are going out to dinner as our little family to celebrate tomorrow. He wanted his usual sushi dinner so I had to of course check out the menu online to be sure they had something I could eat. ;) We'll have a big shindig here at our house for him on Saturday to really celebrate.
Ok, this post has gotten long enough as it is. Stay tuned!

2 comments:
yay!! of course it wouldn't be a baby announcement if it didn't involve a tear or two from selena :) love you guys. so very happy for you
Post a Comment