Thursday, March 17, 2011

Texas

Well we did it, we survived another quick weekend trip to Texas! Natalia did better then expected on the airplane. On our way down she slept the first leg of the trip, and then watched her movie on the second. She also slept in the car for our almost two hour drive into Wichita Falls. We had a quick weekend of visiting with family, eating good food, and playing cards. She and Adam played a lot and got on each other's nerves! We also managed to get some family photos down while there, which is awesome. Our little snuggle bug didn't do so great when it came to sleeping in the pack in play though. She didn't like the idea of being left alone awake. Unlike at home where I can sing a few songs to her and put her in the crib awake for her to put herself to sleep. I would have to snuggle her on the big bed, sing to her, and wait for her to fall asleep. At nap time I just left her up there and would check on her from time to time. But at bed time we would move her to the crib when we came to bed. She usually ended up back in the big bed with us after a couple of hours though. Don't get me wrong I loved the extra snuggle time with her because it's so rare for her to sleep with us like that... but she's a mover and a kicker so we didn't sleep well when she was up there. Oh well. On the way home she slept in the car again, but didn't sleep much on the plane. The first leg she watched a movie, but was a little bit more squirmy this time, towards the end I had to change a stinky diaper in the itsy bitsy bathroom. As soon as she was clean she passed out though, it was right before we started the landing process so she probably slept 20-30 minutes. Then we were delayed 30 minutes in Salt Lake, ugh! The flight home went quickly though and we were home around 7pm. After some quick dinner and a nice warm bath she was in bed and slept the whole night. We've spent the last couple of days being pretty lazy because I'm so worn out from the trip. But, today has brought some sunshine and a little bit more energy! Time to get laundry and cleaning done I guess!

Other then that not a whole lot going on. I've started planning a birthday party for Charlie. His birthday is a Wednesday so we'll probably just do dinner that night. But the weekend after we'll have a bunch of people come over for a poker/game night. Hopefully it'll be fun.

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor