For the last couple of years we've managed to sneak in a visit to the big guy in one way or another. Two years ago we went to that shopping center off Ten Mile/McMillan where they had a fun day of activities as well as Santa. (remember Natalia got brave and not only met Santa, but a reindeer and a mini pony too!) Last year we splurged and did the Santa Express up in Horseshoe Bend. I was trying to figure out what we could do this year to get our Santa visit in. Natalia's school does a milk and cookies night with Santa, but it wasn't until the 19th, and I was getting antsy. Go figure. Anyway, a couple of friends had posted about the Winter Garden Aglow our Botanical Gardens puts on each year. I've never been, and thought it would be a fun family outing... and seeing Santa would be a big bonus. I asked about strollers on Facebook and then my SIL's asked about making it a family event, and then it was decided to go that night.
After some major melt downs on Lydia's part involving wanting Natalia's gloves, and me somehow losing one of her mittens anyway.... we got everyone situated and met up with the family inside. Aunt Steph bought the kiddos these awesome 3D glasses that made shapes when you looked at the Christmas lights. And oh boy was Lydia in heaven. Her reaction to the lights was the best, and all the sudden those meltdowns were so worth it.
Next up we went and found Santa and then met a reindeer. Lydia was not shy at all and was the first one to reach up and pet him. Then all the other girls followed suit seeing that it wasn't scary at all.
 |
| My beautiful sister girlies |
 |
| Quinton in my Ergo under our cool jacket. He did good for almost the whole time and then wanted his bottle so he could fall asleep, which I had left in the car doh! So he got pretty fussy towards the end. |
 |
| Mi familia |
 |
| Seriously hysterical her reaction to the different glasses |
 |
| Uncle John! |
 |
| Cousins are the best |
We got some family shots with Santa and the girls got to sit on his lap and tell him what they wanted. I had color copied their wishlists so they could give him a copy and I could keep the originals for prosperity's sake ha ha ha. Lydia wasn't shy at all and said loud and clear that she wanted Fluttershy. Afterwards we didn't have cash to pay for the pictures and we didn't remember to go to the gift shop to have them charge it... so i about panicked because I had loved the pictures and really really wanted them. I got a hold of the photographers number and gave him a call. He and his wife are from another country (I think Russia?? ha ha ha) and didn't speak English too clearly, but oh man were they sweet as can be. They made time out of their Sunday so I could stop by and find our pictures and they put it on a thumb drive for me. So it took some work but I got my hands on them!
 |
| I love Lydia's expression in this one, I can tell she's talking to him and totally comfortable with him |
 |
| Here I can tell Natalia is explaining her list |
 |
| Lydia actually smiled! It's a small one, but I'll take it! |
No comments:
Post a Comment