He's in 12 months clothes and we've started to stock up on 18 month because I'm sure it won't last long. I love dressing him in all these little man clothes, they are so fun! We had his doctor's appointment this morning, 9month stats: 2ft 2.75in 62%, 21lbs 7oz 77%, and head is 18.5in 93%. So his body is finally catching up to that ginormous head
He has started to mimic and it's fun. Natalia sneezed a few times and he started trying to make the same noise. They crack each other up in the car when she mimics him and then he mimics it back. Or in the highchair he'll sway his head side to side, and if I copy him he laughs.
He's been adding mamamama into his gibberish, and once and I while I would think I caught the mama. And since I'm technically writing this post a few days late, I can now say he has officially said mama! I guess that should go on his 10 month post, but oh well. We were grocery shopping Monday and I had him in the Ergo. he was clawing at my collar bone, giving me the heebee geebee's, and saying Mama, mama, mama, like he was trying to get my attention. I had Charlie on the phone at the time asking him about cereals, and he could hear it too. It was pretty awesome! Tuesday night at dinner I was feeding him and every few bites I'd turn to my plate to get a bite of my food. I must have gotten distracted and taken too long for his liking to get back to feeding him his bites because he got my attention with a big loud "mama" =) He's been saying it more and more and it really makes me smile!
I finally got brave and decided to test giving him breast milk. The last time he needed any gripe water for gas was on our way to Disneyland, but since then he really hasn't had bad gas and it's been really nice! But, I'm aware the frozen breast milk in my deep freezer will only last so long, so it was time. We started out super small, just 1oz breast milk/6oz formula. And, he did good. So after a couple of days I upped it, 2oz/6oz and still did good. The only side effect I noticed was that he went from not waking at all or just once a night to waking every 2-3 hours again. He was just super hungry trying to adjust to this new diet I think. Right now we are up to 5oz/6oz and still no gas!!! WOOOO HOOOOO! He's slowly but surely going back to sleeping normally too. I can't even begin to describe how happy I feel about it. My hard work, my sacrifice, all that time attached to the damn pump, finally paying off, and it's not making him sick like before. Every time I pull out one of those little lansinoh baggies of frozen breast milk I smile. With the girls I mixed half and half (Natalia I had enough milk to last us six months and with Lydia I had enough to go a little over a year) but because we have a lot in that freezer and I need to use it up before it goes bad we might have to do more breast milk than formula here soon. As long as we get to half and half though I'm happy!
He's mobile! Started out as this cute little inch worm with his little butt in the air to give him momentum. Now he's perfected the army crawl and get's where ever he wants. He especially wants Switch's orange ball (gross). ha ha ha. But, I think he'll be up on all fours by Christmas. He went from inchworm to army crawl in less than two days time. He's very determined. As much as I hate seeing him mobile, it's fun to see him get where he wants and play with his toys. He's been loving playing with the wooden train set we got him in Disneyland as his special souvenir. He's also mastered his walker, he started out always going backwards and then getting stuck, but now he knows how to go forwards. I really only stick him in it in the kitchen with me while I'm trying to get dinner made, but it keeps him busy for a bit.
He LOVES bath time with the girls in the big bath tub. He will hear the water running and will do his army crawl as fast as he can straight for that tub. Won't be long before he starts to pull himself up because he really really wants in that tub. At times he practically jumps out of our arms trying to get in, even if he is fully clothed. Totally flips out if we lay him back down to remove those clothes too.
![]() |
| Don't mind the girls and their RIDICULOUS poses ha ha ha |
![]() |
| Just a couple of happy cuties grabbing a few last minute groceries. |
I've given him those puffs a few times now. He hasn't quite figured out what they are for or what to do with them. But he is mastering picking them up! ha ha ha. Soon baby, soon... your sisters loved these and are begging me to eat them now!
At his doctor's appointment today we scheduled his next well visit, which is at 12 months. Say it isn't so?!?!?! He's almost a year old?!?!?! =( I could cry for days he's growing oh so fast. I need him to stay my baby forever. ha ha ha
LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK QUINTON!!






No comments:
Post a Comment