Sunday, December 7, 2014

Disneyland 2014 Part 3

Day Two: Tuesday
We were up and off bright and early just as before thanks to our faithful alarm clock that is the little guy.
Our Magic Hour that day was in Disneyland even though we had planned for California Adventure that day.  So we went into Disneyland and to our surprise a bunch of the characters were right there on Main Street and they were decked out in their Christmas finest.  Did I mention that Disneyland was decorated for Christmas??  It was seriously amazing.  (Christmas+Disneyland= this dork's little piece of heaven!)  And just our perfect luck the line to meet Minnie was really short!  I grabbed Lydia out of the stroller and got her in line just in time. Natalia was being a grumpy gus and refused to get out of the stroller.  Lydia's excitement in that line was contagious and I couldn't wait to get to the front.

Oh.  My.  Word.  I can't even tell you how sweet and adorable this moment was.  I actually teared up because they were so cute together.  Minnie kept touching noses with Lydia and then giving her kisses.  It was some serious cuteness.  Another perfect moment in my books, and another highlight for me- made the trip worth it.



We went straight for the back and got in line for It's a Small World.  That song is one of our night time ritual songs and I couldn't wait for the girls to see where it all came from.  It was so cool too because they had changed the scenes and the songs for Christmas.  This was one of the girls favorites in the end.

Talk about awesome photo bomb by the same guy in both pictures!
We had also wanted to try to hit up Toon Town during the magic hour, but it was still closed so we decided to head over to California Adventure to be there right at opening.  We were able to get right onto the Monster's Inc Ride without any wait at all.  

Walking around we found Princess Sofia:


Then we came across the store that Charlie and I visited on our 1st wedding anniversary trip, we bought ourselves this awesome framed picture back then and had hoped to find a new one to remember this trip by.  We didn't find one that jumped out at us, but we did find cute Christmas ornaments... so we let the girls pick one out and we got ourselves one.  (We ended up finding Quinton's at World of Disney the next day).  

As we we were leaving the store we noticed that the first Disney Junior Live show was about to start and there still wasn't much of a line for it so we jumped into the line.  
It was a super cute show with the Disney Junior characters as puppets.  Even Quinton seemed to enjoy it and watched it.

At this point though Natalia was already starting to melt down a little, saying she was hungry, and she didn't want any of the snacks that I had brought.  So we stopped at Taste Pilot’s Grill for a quick lunch, and I noticed I hadn't packed enough food for Quinton in the cooler to last us through dinner.  So we went back to our hotel to drop off our Christmas ornaments and grab more food.  Thankfully it was conveniently right there! After that we were able to rally and get the girls happy again and we had a great afternoon.  We were walking towards the ferris wheel because Lydia had noticed it right away and wanted to go on it, but came across the Little Mermaid Undersea Adventure and it didn't have a wait so we snuck on that one really quickly. 

The off to Mickey's Fun Wheel. Have you seen it before? This thing is HUGE.  It gives you the option for a stationary cart, or one that's on tracks that swings when the wheel moves.  At first Charlie was insistent we go on a swinging one.  Then as we got closer to it I had vivid memories of going on that stupid swinging one when we were there for our anniversary and my heart started to race.  I don't do heights.  So I panicked and begged him to go on a stationary one.  Thankfully he agreed and so we got in that line.  And boy am I glad we did.  We could hear the screams of some other people in the swinging carts around us.  Lydia was fearless and loved it like her daddy.  I was trying to put on a brave face and just admire the view (because it really was cool) but at the same time I did have a good grip on that wire around the cart.  Natalia was a little timid about it, but not as bad as me.  If you ask Lydia what her favorite ride was, she usually says, "the paris wheel"  it's pretty darn cute.



After the ferris wheel the girls requested Churros, so I got in line to get us a couple and Charlie took them on King Triton’s Carousel
He was so fun to watch when he was happy in the stroller!
Next we headed over to Carsland to try some rides there.  Charlie and the girls were so lite on Luigi’s Flying Tires that they really flew across the ground, it was super cool.  While there were on that ride Mater, Lightening McQueen, and DJ drove by.  I was bummed the girls had missed it! (I have pictures of them in my Facebook album if you want to see)

Then we trekked over to Bugsland and did Tuck and Roll’s Bumper Cars I got on them with Natalia while Charlie waited with Lydia and Quinton.  Then we swapped so Charlie could ride with Lydia.

Once reunited the girls were super cute and did this big hug thing, seriously cute.  


We got on in line for Flik’s Flyers, where we met a mom and her little one from Nampa.  They saw the tag on our backpack that had our address and caught the Idaho part.  So she asked us about it and we started chatting.  We ended up running into her twice the next day in Disneyland too.  What are the odds!


We did the shortest ride ever, Heimlich’s Chew Chew Train.  The line for this wasn't long, but still not really worth it because it was such a short ride!

Then it was back over to Carsland because I wanted to ride Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree with the girls.  I loved it and I was cracking up the whole time it was whipping us around.  Don't mind the CRAZY eyes in this picture, or Lydia's lack of smile! 



It was almost time for the Pixar Parade to start so we went and scoped out a spot to hang out.  It was a cute parade and I'm surprised I don't have any pictures from it!!

We couldn't decide on what to do for dinner, but we were getting burnt out already on the same types of food.  So we found the Pacific Wharf CafĂ©, with lots of little options.  The girls ended up with a hot dog and we got some asian stir fry things.  Mine was really good and I was happy for the vegetables.  Charlie's would have been good had the meat been decent, but it was gross.

Just had to get a shot of her infront of the "paris" wheel at night, it was so pretty all lit up. 
We were so exhausted at this point and ready to call it a night.  My body was so sore from walking so much with Quinton in the Ergo.  I had stood during the whole parade because he'd fallen asleep in there and the girls were in the stroller so I didn't want to move him.  But when we checked the mouse wait app Toy Story Midway Mania only had a 25 minute wait when all day it had been 45 min plus.  So we decided to go and push through the exhaustion.  


It wasn't until we had gotten back to our hotel room that I realized we never took a family photo in our awesome shirts.  I was so BUMMED.  I had kinda mentioned it in passing as we were leaving Disneyland and walking towards California Adventure, thinking it would be cool to get a group shot in front of the castle, but we just kept walking.  I can't even tell you how much I regret not pushing for it.  Seriously.  UGH!!  So anyway we did a few quick pictures with the kiddos in their shirts and then had Natalia try to take one of Charlie and myself.  


UGH still kicking myself for this!!  When all was said and done the ONLY two family shots I have are all of us at Breakfast in Ariel's Grotto and meeting Mickey (and even then Quinton was asleep in my Ergo so you can't see him)  Both are in day three's post.  =)  Anyway, huge regret over that!!

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor