Quinton.
My handsome little man.
I've been struggling to get this post done because I'm almost in denial that you are already 4 months old.. and let's face it, you are now 4 and a half months because I took so long!
You are such a mama's boy! No on can calm you and comfort you like I can. Sometimes I absolutely love it, and sometimes I wish you'd let daddy or whoever comfort you too.
You caught that yucky sickness your sisters had, with a hacky cough. You started to sleep great right before and then it was back to waking every 2 hours after that. Your gas started to act up and we had some rough nights. At your 4 month appoinment with the doctor we discovered that not only are you teething (seriously those bottom teeth buds are right there!!) but that you have an ear infection! Yikes. Sorry baby. Bad mommy. After some antibiotics you are back on track! You have had 3 nights of sleeping in the crib!!! The night before we left for McCall he slept in there, waking at 3am to eat and slept until I woke him at 7am to leave. I was determined to get him transitioned after our trip though. He did so well in Mccall sleeping next to me that I was worried he wouldn't want to be in his crib at all. We got home late so he didn't get to bed until probably close to 11 (he slept almost the whole way home though) and didn't wake up until 4:30am! I fed him and put him back down and he woke up about 7am, so I moved him to the swing where he slept until 9:15am. I thought I'd have to sleep in his room a couple of nights to get him to stay in there, but maybe we will be able to just make a smooth transition anyway. Last night he was asleep by 9:30pm, woke up at 4:30am for a bottle and went back down in his crib until 7am. After that I put him in the swing and he slept until 9am. So far tonight he was asleep again around 9:30 an hasn't woken up yet. Day time is a whole other story. He's still going into the crib for naps, wakes up about 45min-1hr later. I have to put him in the swing after that to get a decent nap out of him. It'll come eventually right?
You coo like crazy and give awesome smiles. We got our first laughs and giggles on Father's day and it was amazing! Sometimes I can get you to laugh just talking to you, but "touchdown," tickles, and kisses on your hands are the best ways to get you to laugh.
Wearing, size 2 diapers, some 6 month clothes, and even 6-9 month (big boy!)
Drooling like crazy, which of course makes more sense now with the teething.
Pulls things to his mouth, but hasn't quite mastered grasping toys.
His neck is pretty sturdy can sit in the bumbo, but still prefers to look to the right. Doc isn't concerned because she said that if he was facing to the right too much in his sleep he would have a flat spot on that side of his head and he doesn't.
Now for some fun pictures!
![]() |
| He was cooing like crazy in my lap and Natalia was so kind to translate for me. She said he was saying "best mommy ever" made my day!! |
![]() |
| Love his bronco jammies and the little baby mohawk! |
![]() |
| The night he started to feel crappy he was still a super smiley baby! |
![]() |
| Such a big boy! |
![]() |
| He LOVES bath time |
![]() |
| This kid would sleep on me 24/7 if I let him. I enjoy my baby snuggles as much as I can!! |
![]() |
| Oh this face... |
![]() |
| More snuggling with a sleeping baby. |
![]() |
| He's started to make bubbles out of his drool ha ha ha |
![]() |
| Star Wars represent! Daddy can't wait to have a Star Wars buddy! |
![]() |
| Baby boys in polo shirts, what a handsome little stud! |
As always I end this update with the words that I can't believe how fast time is flying by! I still feel like I just had you yesterday, and then I see these teeny tiny newborn babies and realize how big you really are! I'm excited to see more of your personality develop though and am excited to start rice cereal next month. =)
LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK!!!













1 comment:
So precious!! His cheeks are out of this world! Glad he's happy and perfext
Post a Comment