Tuesday, July 29, 2014

I should be getting ready for bed!

I feel like I'm finally getting all caught up on our blog!  Woo!  I just wanted to toss in a few extra photos and things we've been doing.

Thursday our weather changed drastically.  It went from high 90's/100's down to 72.  We have been cooped up in the house because it's just too freaking hot to be outside.  I decided I needed to do something, anything to get us out of the house so to the zoo we went... and we survived.  It was my first major outing with just me and the kids that didn't involve groceries or Target.  The girls were so good for me and Quinton slept in his Ergo most of the time.  Only fussing at the very end for his bottle.

Seriously.  I wish our weather was like that all the time.  This freaking heat is getting to me.  It did my mental health some good to go do something fun with the girls.  Of course then my monthly visitor finally came back and with a vengeance, I thought I was going to go bat sh*t crazy the last few days.  Holy cow.  My anxiety was through the roof and I couldn't control my temper or my emotions for that matter.  Thank goodness I felt so much more normal today.  We even went to Target to get diapers/formula (and Quinton was fussy) and I didn't loose my cool.  Charlie was soo good to me over the weekend trying to help me keep my sanity.  I got to go out with Cheryl Saturday night and even slept in the guest room (he got up with Quinton that night) so I could attempt to get a solid nights sleep.  I'm praying that it isn't like this every month because I don't think I can handle being that emotional every month.

This is seriously one of the ugliest pictures of me ever.  But it's all I've got right now.  I got a cruiser bike with a fun little bike seat for Lydia.  She's still mastering pedaling on her big girl bike, but in the mean time she loves this "baby car seat" as she calls it.  Quinton is still too small for it, but it'll be perfect for him next spring/summer and she will have mastered her bike by then.

We got to sneak in another play date with our buddies the Evermans.  It's so sad because Jude is going to pm kindergarten and Natalia is going to am kindergarten so we won't be able to do lunch play dates during the week anymore.  We'll have to take full advantage of Natalia's track breaks and hang out with them when we can! 


The other morning I woke up to this sweet image.  It's hard to tell, but this is my video monitor.  Natalia had climbed into Quinton's crib and was talking/singing to him.  He was kicking away and cooing right along with her.  It was seriously cute. 


I wish I had taken a picture of it, but Natalia finally earned her jar full of puff balls and got her cowgirl doll.  She named her Callie (as in Sheriff Callie from Disney Chanel) and takes her everywhere.  Even sets up a little bed for her in bed with her at night.  She is constantly asking me to fix Callie's hair, she prefers it in a ballerina bun.  Now Lydia wants to earn a doll as well, but she wants the ballerina doll.

They are both signed up for dance classes in the fall.  I'm so excited to see Lydia in dance.  I definitely think of the two she'll enjoy it more.  I was trying dance shoes on her the other afternoon and it must have stuck with her because when I said it was nap time she said back, "NO MOMMY I GO TO DANCE CLASS!!"
I can't believe my baby is going to be starting Kindergarten in two weeks, TWO WEEKS!!  Holy frick. I'm taking her out this coming weekend to go school supply, school clothes (thank goodness for KidzAgain!!) and to buy new leos/shoes for dance since she outgrew hers and they are all Lydia's now.  Why does she insist on growing up so stinking fast?!?!?!

I enjoyed posting my "mommy knowledge" post the other day.  Since this has always just been a family journal of sorts I never really thought to post more stuff like that.  But I think I'll keep it up.  I've got lots of opinions (they might not always be right, like I said what works for us might not work for others) but hey might as well put them out there right?  I think next I'll work on a post about traveling with kids.  We've flown so much with toddlers/babies that I've got lots of pointers about that.  And while I'm at it I could use pointers about driving long distances with kids.  The most we've done is Utah (5.5hrs) and in November we are driving to CA for our long awaited Disney trip.  We plan on breaking it up into two days, but it'll still be lots of time in the car for them.  Anyone out there reading this with ideas, please let me know!

Ok now I feel like I'm rambling and I definitely should be getting ready for bed.  

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor