So let's review what week 37 has been like for us.
Thursday (37 weeks exactly) I had my doctor's appointment and I saw the nurse practitioner that day. She said he was still head down (YAY) really low and I was already 3 cm dilated. I went home super excited that he could come anytime! Contracted a lot that night, but nothing worth timing.
Friday I went back to the gym finally and got my hour in. We've been sick so much and then I was having all those contractions while he was breech I didn't want to try and do too much. I actually didn't use my back support belt because I wanted to be sure he wasn't lifted off my cervix. I seriously love the cardio cinema, I did a slow walk and just enjoyed the movie.
Saturday I went with the girls and Charlie to swim lessons. Then went with the girls and my mom to Costco. I probably walked a good 1.5-2 hours around Costco. A few contractions here and there, nothing big. Then went with my friend Amy to the mall that afternoon and walked around another 1.5 hours or so. Went to dinner with Cheryl and Amy and then a hockey game, had a few contractions at the game as well. We had to park far away of course so more walking. That night around 11:00pm I started to contract a lot! I thought for sure that was it. I tried timing them, but they still weren't consistent. So I decided to try and get some sleep. Finally slept from about 1am-3am and then woke up contracting again. Again, not consistent, but my back and hips were killing me. So I got into the tub to soak and try to relax a little. Around 4:30am or so they started to die off again so I laid back down and slept probably 5am-7am. Again woke up contracting. Still far apart and nothing consistent and by 10am Sunday they were gone. DOH! My whole body ached from all of it though and I was dead tired. We did our quick grocery shopping and then that afternoon I went and got a pedicure. The massage chair and the gal massaging my legs and feet were just what I needed.
Monday night while trying to cook dinner I started to get a ton of contractions and pressure again. But still not consistent. GRRRR!! Seriously. I also must mention that I've been suffering from stuffy nose/sore throat all week. It really only bothers me at night, and I think part of it's the dry air. So I really haven't been sleeping the best between that and the constant pee wakings.
Tuesday (today) my nose will NOT stop running, and I have to blow it constantly... so I feel pretty crappy as it is. Throughout the day I feel like there is a change in my discharge (TMI WARNING) after talking it over with my mommy friend I decide to call the on call nurse at my doctor's office just in case. I'm afraid it might be my water leaking or something along those lines. After our conversation she wanted me to go to L&D to be checked just to be on the safe side. So after getting a hold of my mama to watch the girls and Charlie we went to the hospital to get checked. They ran all the usual tests, and thankfully no water was leaking. I know that sounds weird, if it had been leaking it would mean it's go time. But then I was afraid of what that would mean as far as trying to get my labor to progress and my plans to do this without drugs this time. So we were sent home and now I get to wait it out again. I'm anxious to meet this little guy but am willing to wait it out so we can do it our way.
In the mean time I found this blog article:
Which is basically describing exactly what has been happening to me this week. So frustrating, this didn't happen with the girls. But, oh well right?
Tomorrow (Wednesday) I'm hoping to get back to the gym for some more walking and then Thursday we'll see the doctor again. Since I'll be 38 weeks and I've started to dilate, I'm really hoping she'll scrape my membranes like she did with Lydia and hopefully (if he's ready) that'll get things moving. ;) I'm starting to freak out a little about Monday the 3rd because that's Natalia's Kindergarten registration day. I'm afraid I'll be in the hospital having just had a baby, or in labor etc and can't take her. I know I can send Charlie in my place but I REALLY want to be the one to go with her.
Ok to bed I go.



No comments:
Post a Comment