First off, pink heart shaped pancakes for breakfast! Yes I went so far as to dye them pink. I'm crazy like that you know? Natalia gave me a little card that she and Charlie had made for me one afternoon and kept hidden a few days. So cute.
After breakfast the girls were excited to put on their new jammies and of course posed for the obligatory short photo shoot. I cleaned up from breakfast and convinced them into changing into their cute Valentine outfits we'd bought a couple of weeks back. Natalia wanted her hair curled and of course whatever big sister does little sister wants. It was my first attempt at curling Lydia's fine hair but it still turned out pretty cute. They managed to smile for a few more pictures for mommy too. ;)
At lunch time I got a big kick out of cutting hearts into everything. Charlie laughed at me, as usual.
After lunch was a lot of lazyness. I had over done it and am trying to keep contractions at bay so i needed to relax. I got Lydia down for her nap and came up into the toy room with Natalia so she could color and play. Once Lydia was upshe did her new thing of grabbing our hands and leading us somewhere saying "i show you" and went straight for the puzzles. Today I discovered she recognizes the letter "u" which was fun. I hope next year to have something fun planned besides TV and fun shaped food, but the girls enjoyed it and that's what counts. For dinner we just got Guidos which was delicious and the girls devoured. Maybe next year I'll go so far as to make sure dinner is heart shaped too. ;)
Can't forget to show off the cute cards Natalia made for us in preschool. The second one she actually mailed to us from preschool, which was super adorable.
Proud mommy moment. This kiddo was determined to address every ones name on their Valentines for preschool. So I sat with her and helped her trace the letters from the name sheet and then she'd write their name on the card. Some were more legible then others (especially the ones mommy had to help out a little with) but seriously she did all 11.
She loved her party at school and was so excited to show me all the Valentines she got from her friends.
Two more projects we did during the week (we've been stuck at home with a lot of snow and mommy not feeling up to much) both of course off of Pinterest. Fruit loop hearts and feet prints that say "I love you from the bottom of my heart to the tips of my toes" super fun and cute. Thank goodness for Pinterest providing us with fun ideas. I have a few pinned for St. Patricks day already. Charlie and my mom might have to do some of them with them since Quinton will be here soon. ;)








No comments:
Post a Comment