Saturday, February 15, 2014

Day to day

Just a quick update on some day to day things going on.

The other afternoon we had all the Hodges side cousins over for a bit.  Steph was dropping of Jocelyn and Adam so I could watch them for the afternoon (she had taken the am shift).  She and Cypress stayed and hung out for a bit.  Got this adorableness on camera.  The three 11's having a tea party.  

I FINALLY got to go with Natalia on a preschool field trip.  Her class was going to visit a dentist office and I jumped at the chance to go along.  My grandma kindly took Lydia for me for the afternoon so I could volunteer to help drive kids.  I had Natalia, Jude and Logan in my car.  Natalia and Jude are seriously so stinking cute together.  I knew how much they liked each other, but got to witness it first hand.  They were attached at the hip the whole time and held hands for most of the field trip.  Seriously adorable.  Miss Janis is working on them because we don't want them to freak out next year when they aren't in school together.  I guess some days they are more willing to play with other kiddos and some days they aren't. ;)  I know Crystal and I have all these not so secret hopes and dreams of them someday ending up together.  But, at least we know that if they don't end up that way we know they will be such great friends and Jude will be like the big brother she didn't get, and will protect her.   Anyway, after dropping Lydia off with my grandma I had to go take Natalia to preschool, and in that 15 min drive she zonked out in the car.  Silly girl.  And to quote her later that day when I picked her up from preschool, "I wish Jude and I could go to the same big kid school so we could best friends forever and ever."  


We've had so much snow the last couple of weeks (and now rain so the snow is gone again).  Natalia LOVES to be out in the snow and insists on being out there whenever Charlie has to go shovel the drive way. The other day they were out there forever and then I found out why:


Such a little ham!  She named him Olaf of course.  

Of course the girls had to get at least one more bowl of snow ice cream in.  

*Our stupid washer broke!  It's only two years old for goodness sakes!  I was doing a load of laundry last Friday night and when it was done the darn door was locked and wouldn't open.  No matter what we tried over the course of the next couple of days it would not unlock.  Finally on Monday I called the repair man and they came out Tuesday morning only to tell me that we needed a new lock and it would take 5-7 business days to come.  GRRR.  not being able to do laundry is driving me crazy, especially because I feel the need to wash every one's bedding one more time before Quinton's arrival.  (darn that nesting)


Girls are still going to swim lessons on Saturdays.  Natalia is doing awesome and is such a little fish.  Lydia started to regress a little and I was starting to regret moving her to this new location.  Charlie was swimming with her for a while because I wasn't feeling up to it, and then I gave it a go a couple of times.  Last time I swam with her and this morning Charlie swam with her we had a different teacher.  And, boy did she do soooo much better.  I really think the teacher who had been teaching the class just wasn't that great.  She stuck to the same thing over and over and never really paid attention to the kids in the class to see where they needed work or where doing good.  Who knows what happened and why she hasn't been there (last week she just didn't show up it sounded like oops)  Anyway, now after just two lessons I feel better about moving her.

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor