Monday, September 30, 2013

Updates on Life

Wow it's been a while since I've posted about the day to day things around here right?  I'm finally feeling better so maybe it's time?
**most of these pics show up on my Instagram, so make sure to follow along to get the real time updates.  ;)


A couple of weeks ago we made a big change and tried out a new swim lessons location.  While we LOVED Flow Aquatics and will be forever grateful to them for all they taught the girls, the drive was getting to be a bit much since we moved. The Meridian location was a good 20-25 min drive away, and that was just Tuesdays for Lydia's class.  Mondays Natalia was being switched to their Boise pool and that was a good 30-35 minutes away (in ok traffic).  It was getting a little tough.  I was really scared to switch the girls to another place because they really seemed to learn so much but knew it was time.  My nephews were going to Aqua Tots in Eagle and loving it so we gave it a go.  So far it's been a very good experience.  Natalia is thriving still and doing so well.  Lydia's much more advanced then the other little ones in our class, but today the teacher mentioned that she's so good (even without submerging her because of her double ear infection, more on that later) and so comfortable in the water she will obviously advance into the next class soon.  EEEK she seems too little to be swimming without me!!!!!



So over the last week or so I've noticed a change in Lydia's appetite, she's not eating nearly as much as she usually does and while in SLC she was chewing on her fingers a lot.  So I was chalking it all up to her molars/teething.  Thursday night she seemed a little mopey and sluggish but again just figured she didn't feel 100%.  That night for the first time in MONTHS she woke up in the middle of the night, and she was screaming.  It startled me quite a bit and I ran upstairs quickly to rescue her.  After lots of comforting and a small dose of Tylenol she was able to go back to sleep.  Friday morning she woke up crying in her crib which again was really unusual.  After feeding the girls some breakfast I left them in the living room to watch some cartoons and went into our closet so I could put away laundry.  Again I hear Lydia screaming and I come out running thinking she'd hurt herself.  Nope, she was sitting alone on the couch crying in pain.  At this point my  mommy intuition kicks in and I think there's more to this.  I ask her what hurts and she points to her left ear.  I want to call the pediatrician and get her in to get checked but feel like maybe I'm a crazy  mom who's being irrational since it was really just a few hours of her screaming.  I decided to call Charlie and get his opinion on the matter and he tells me to go ahead and call. Thankfully they are so great at our pediatricians office and got us in right away.  I figured if they tell me it's only teeth at least I'd know right?  Well, low and behold she has a double ear infection.  The left ear is definitely infected and the right was a beginning of one.  UGH!  Poor baby.  So now she's on antibiotics and I'm just hoping for some relief for her.  Poor thing will be fine one minute and then scream out in pain crying the next.


We got to watch Cypress a couple of times over the last couple of weeks.  We've built forts, gone for wagon rides, and made mini pizzas for lunch.  The girls have fun together and it gives me lots of practice with having 3 kiddos around.  ;)


We used to play with the Everman family all the time, but lately life has gotten so busy and haven't gotten a lot of opportunities.  Luckily we finally pulled it together last week.  We went to the park to play and then had delicious IPCo for lunch.  It was awesome to able to hang out again.  Natalia and Jude get to see each other all the time during preschool but it's been a while since they've hung out outside of preschool.



Natalia and I spent Lydia's nap time the other day decorating the house for Halloween.  It was sunny out after a few days of gloomy rain so it seemed like the perfect time to go for it.  She had a blast and I enjoyed watching her get a kick out of it.  Charlie came home and said the house looked ridiculous, he just doesn't understand my love of holiday decorating.  And, I'm passing it onto Natalia he he he.




With my mom coming to town to visit we try to find fun things for the kiddos to do.  We did the Discovery Center one day, lunch at McDonalds another.



Charlie brought home flowers this week for me to celebrate our anniversary coming up.  (seven years on Monday woo go us!)

Finally got to put Natalia in dance!!!  I have been hesitant to do so because I know her personality and I didn't think she'd really be comfortable with it. Then a few weeks ago she started showing interest in it.  She's been asking to learn to be a ballerina so I started asking her if she was ready to take classes.  Got her enrolled in a class and today was her first day.  She was such a doll and I think she really enjoyed it.  Excited for all our dance years to come!

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor