Thursday, September 12, 2013

Amy's Weddng weekend

Now that I've had some down time I need to get our weekend blogged about.  My friend Amy got married!!  I was lucky enough to be one of her bridesmaids and Natalia got to be a flower girl.  It seriously was such a fun and amazing weekend.  I will try to get as much as I can down, but try not to make a novel of it.  ;)

Wednesday the 4th- Amy invited everyone to do Monte Carlo bowling.  It was a fun night and we got to win more coupons which we needed for the Bachelorette Party (more on that next).  you've all seen the Sweet Brown YouTube video right?  "Aint nobody got time for that"  you know the one?  If not look it up, it's freaking hilarious.  So we wanted to make shirts for it and Amy got some for us to wear for bowling.

Thursday the 5h- was Amy's Bachelorette party.  Something I've had in the works for months.  Cheryl was kind enough to help me out and jump into it with me.  We did an 80's theme, including having everyone show up in appropriate attire.  It was hilarious.  I attempted to make Amy a Madonna inspired dress for her to wear.  We started the night out at Cheryl's for some drinks and games.  Her mom had originally agreed to driving us around in the RV for the night but had to back out.  We were bummed but made it work.  We then went to Cheesecake factory for dinner, and the wait staff and cooks were more then willing to create a fun night for Amy.  It was hilarious.  For more pictures check back soon.  I haven't posted any on Facebook because I wanted Amy to have first dibs at them.  But with everything combined I had over 400 pictures.  =)

After dinner we were off to where else, but Big Al's for bowling.  It was super fun trying to bowl in our dresses.  Mine had a super high slit in back as it was and after attempting to bowl it just ripped all the way up my butt.  Thank goodness I wore shorts under it or I would have bared my ass to everyone. Because we had collected so many coupons from Monte Carlo bowling over the last few months we were able to hand them out to everyone and we all got to bowl for free, just had to pay for our shoes.  AWESOME.

Following our bowling fun we went back to Cheryl's house for more games.  Most everyone went home after that but a few of us ended up crashing at Cheryl's for a slumber party.  All in all I think it turned out to be a fun party.  It's hard when we are older and the "traditional" bachelorette party things just aren't our thing.  So hopefully this was a fun substitute.  =)

Friday the 6th- woke up bright and early at Cheryl's house.  I can't seem to sleep in much when I'm away from home.  I came home and ate breakfast and got cleaned up.  Then it was off for pedicures with some of the gals.  Then we had lunch at Cafe Rio and at last we were able to convince Amy that she needed help and we wanted to help.  Crazy girl had a huge list of things she had to do and she seriously thought she was going to do them by herself in the next day and a half.  HA!  Jenn and I took over the cupcake baking portion.  So that afternoon we hung out in my kitchen and turned out 150 cupcakes for the reception.  Nice to have a double oven in these cases!! Once done we were out the door again and off to rehearsal.  Ryan's grandparents live in Eagle and have 5 acres out on the edge of town.  It was the perfect location for the wedding, it couldn't have been more perfectly set up.  They seriously lucked out not having to pay for venue.  So we did our practice thing and got the flower girls prepped for what was to come.  Then it was time for dinner.  Amy ordered a group favorite Idaho Pizza Company.  Little did I know she had ordered a BBQ chicken pizza just for me.  When I opened that box during set up I seriously almost burst into tears.  Don't mess with a pregnant girl and her crazy cravings!!  So after downing some delicious pizza Charlie took the girls home to bed and I stuck around with Cheryl and Jenn to help Amy out some more.  We were able to get her to hand off a few more items off her to do list and also help with a little bit of set up.

Sat the 7th- THE WEDDING!!  Oh my gosh was it a fun but oh so exhausting day.  Thank goodness my nausea decided to take a break the last few days because I don't know how I would have survived.  Woke up and got myself ready because I knew I had a busy afternoon a head of me.  Then Jerilyn came over with tons of flowers and created all our bouquets from them.  What a bargain let me tell you.  She and Amy had picked out about $80 worth of flowers and with that Jerilyn made our five bouquets and Amy's bouquet. I don't even remember how much my flowers were but my bouquet alone was probably $80!!  Come on.  And they turned out pretty darn great too.  After that it was a mad dash to get the house cleaned up before everyone came here (as in bridesmaids and bride) to get ready.  I had to do Amy's hair and get Natalia dressed/hair curled in the process.  Once we were all ready the photographer came in to grab some quick pics and then we were off downtown to do pictures just us girls.  Poor Natalia managed to trip and scrape her knee while we were walking around though.  It was such a tough mama moment for me because I was trying to comfort her but keep her dress from getting gross.  She is so tough and brave because once she had a few minutes to cry and be consoled she was a trooper and smiled for pictures anyway.  I thought for sure she would refuse and be done.  I can't wait to see what the photographer got!! I dropped Amy off at her location to do first look pictures with Ryan and the drove her car back to my house so that I could grab a few last minute things before heading down to the site.  Cheryl had Natalia in her car with her and took her home so Charlie could bring her down once it got closer to the time of the wedding.  Once at the grandparents house we unloaded the car and got some last minute prep done for Amy. Then she and Ryan showed up and we hid her in the house while people started to show up.  I did a quick touch up of Amy's hair and pretty soon it was time.  What was hilarious was that the walk from the house to the ceremony site was wide open so Cheryl and I held up a sheet for Amy to hide behind so that none of the wedding guests could see her.

We danced down the isle to Party Anthem by LMFAO wearing our 80's sunglasses.  Natalia actually danced and spread flowers which I was so proud of!  Then she had another friend Amanda marry her and Ryan.  Amy spent so much time planning and preparing for the wedding, it was beautiful.  But, it was really just a fun great party.  They made a mini-golf course of 6 holes each hole was a point in their relationship.  There was a really fun photo booth too.  Natalia was attached to Lilly (the other flower girl) pretty much all night and they kept disappearing to go and do more pictures in the photo booth.  About 9:30pm Charlie decided to take the girls home and I got to stick around for more fun.  We had to do a fake grand exit for Amy and Ryan because the photographers were done for the night but they weren't actually ready to leave.  So we did the sparkler line up and took tons of pictures but then went back to partying.

So as I go back and  reread all I've written I really feel like I'm not explaining the days enough and giving them justice.  It was seriously so much fun.  I gave Amy a thumb drive with all my pictures so she could go through them all and decide what she wanted to post.  Once she's had first dibs then I'll go through and post some to my Facebook as well.  I'll make sure to add a link to the right side like I do with the rest.  These pictures are just a very small sampling of all the fun times.

It was such a honor to be part of it all!

*Just wanted to add that Natalia got a stuffed Kangaroo in her gift from Amy.  She has clung to that little guy and named him "snug kangaroo."   She sleep with him at night and tells me how he makes her feel better and not have bad dreams.  It's really pretty cute.

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor