Sunday, April 7, 2013

Natalia's big girl bed!

Its time.
My little girl is actually quite big, and well she just doesn't fit in her crib anymore.  Her CRIB?!?!?! You say?  Yes her crib.  She was still in a crib.  I'm sure some of you are so appalled with me and think I'm such a weirdo but the sleep specialist I saw about our issues said to keep her in the crib until she quit napping anyway, so whatever.  I felt justified in feeling like she needed her crib still.

Here's the thing.  Up until about 4 months ago she wasn't really ready to move out of that crib. She was having some major sleep issues ( fighting bed time like a banshee).  If she had had the freedom to get out of bed who knows how much worse those issues could have been.  Which btw she is big enough to safely climb out of her crib she just never tried.  Then we stopped doing naps and gradually, slowly, she got much better.  Then all the sudden it felt like she was ready.  But, our move was just around the corner and I was worried about making the big change to a new bed so close to making the big change of a new room/house.

So here we are almost two months in our new house.  Our original plan was to wait until June and make a big deal out of her birthday and how she was turning 4 which meant she was such a big girl who got a big girl bed for her birthday.  We were going to skip the whole toddler bed part and just move her into my old bed frame from growing up.  I've been showing her pictures of the bed all set up from when I was little and calling it her big girl princess bed. She is most definitely ready to make the switch.  She's done amazing with the move, mostly she's done perfect with only a few small attempts at fighting her bed time.  She got sick and I felt like if only she had that bed I could just snuggle her in bed and make it all better.  So we decided that  rather then wait until her birthday we'd go ahead and get her the bed this weekend.  Then we'll worry about decorating her room and getting her princess bedding set all for her birthday etc.

Right now it's just the mattress set in her room.  we'll go get my old frame out of Charlie's mom's  garage here soon and get it all cleaned up and  put it in her room to make it official.

Wish us luck tonight!!
This silly goose decided to practice her fake smile.  DOH!  Daddy was reading to the girls here. 

1 comment:

endlessglowbyjessica said...

So cute! Congrats on all the sweet deals and I love moments like daddy reading to his girls!! Good luck with the transition!!

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor