Tuesday, April 2, 2013

House Renting Frustration

Well, our old house has been on the rental market for two weeks.  They've had more showing then you can count on your hands... yet no one wants it.  We were all under the impression it would rent quickly based on it's location and price.  So I was kind of counting on that... ha ha.

Apparently the floor plan which was perfect for us as newlyweds, is not so perfect for just about every single person out there.  So it's a 3 bedroom 2.5 bath house,  about 1400 square feet.  Then there is a detached bonus room, as in you go outside and up a separate staircase to get to it.  Adding another 400 sq ft.  It says that in the listing but every single person has complained about it being separate   We loved it when we bought the house because Charlie used it as a game room and I didn't have to deal with loud boys playing poker   The people who built the home and owned it before us used it as a painting studio.  So now we are stuck.  We have to wait for the "right" renter, someone who needs that room separate   A Lady came to see the house yesterday who loved the idea of a separate bonus room for her teenage son.  But then complained that the dinning room was too small (she couldn't even imagine a table fitting there I guess) and the bedroom that had been Natalia's was too small as well.  I know for a fact that you can fit a full size bed in that room because that's what we had there before we had kids.  But of course I don't have a picture of that so I can't prove it unless we go back and "Stage" the room for some pictures grrr.  I do however have pictures of the dinning room with our table in it which will be added to the listing.   Lydia's room is very small I give them that one.  But it was prefect for an office before we had kids.  And it still would fit a crib or a twin size bed.  UGH!!  I'm beyond frustrated because I really want that house rented out and we can't wait around forever for this perfect renter to find it.

There are three more appointments today to go check it out.  Please oh please (fingers crossed) do I want someone to love it.  Then I won't have to go back this weekend to stage it.

So anyway I'm going to include a link to the Craigslist listing of the house.  If any of my readers out there know of someone looking to rent please pass it on!!

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor