In the words of my daughter Natalia, I still like you. (this is something she says to everyone; Me, Charlie, her Grandmas etc. She will give you a hug and tell you that, or just randomly say it) we've just been so on the go here that I haven't had much of a chance to sit down and write things out.
Anyway, we're here. We are alive. The house is 96.43% unpacked. There are just a few boxes in the garage left to sort through but our cars are both in there. All my Rubbermaid bins for Christmas/Girls clothes have been organized and put into our storage area in the garage. All that is left on the inside is to hang all my beloved picture frames (like the stairway in the old house). But other then that we are done. I need to get new curtain rods/curtains for a lot of the rooms because our old ones are too small. (seriously not complaining) ;) Plus a few more pieces of furniture in the living room. We did score two awesome bar stools on Craigslist for pretty cheap though, plus a dresser for our room. Craigslist has been very good to us.
On top of all the time I've spent settling in, I've been trying to keep up with day to day housework and laundry. Now that I'm just about finished with the moving part I think it'll be a little easier to keep up. I'm so exhausted at the end of the day that I'm sound asleep just a min or two after my head hits the pillow. It used to take me a good 20-30 min to fall asleep each night. Thankfully Lydia is over her bug and I finally went and got antibiotics to get over my sinus crap. So we've all been sleeping much better. I'm so impressed with how well they have done with the move and the transition. My mom said it was because I made sure to bring them here often and introduce them to the house. Whatever I did, I'm glad I did it. Natalia LOVES having a play room. I feel like such a better mom now because rather then constantly stressing over packing and moving, I can actually sit down and play ponies with her.
Our other house is another story. It's oh so close to finally being ready to put on the rental market. We had really hoped to have it done by now, but that just wasn't in the cards for us. Fingers crossed we get it done before we leave for Texas.
Oh yeah did I forget to mention we leave for Texas on Thursday HOLY CRAP. That trip really snuck up on me. With everything going on I didn't have a chance to do my usual obsessive compulsive week long planning for a trip thing. I just got to doing the laundry today, and while making dinner started making my lists. This morning while at Winco I decided to hit up the bulk bins for some special airplane treats. Natalia is super excited to fly on an airplane though. I really hope Lydia is a good flyer. I did pull aside a few things here and there that Natalia would get in kids meals etc before she could see them, so that I could pull them out on the plane as needed. So there's that right? I'm super excited for this trip though and think it'll be a nice little vacation.
The biggest most important news??? Miss Lydibug FINALLY started walking!!! WOOO HOOO!!! She's been taking more and more steps since we moved but then last Friday night (March 1st) she just took off. She was walking all over Natalia's room while we got ready for bed. Ever since then she does it more and more each day. She is so stinking cute and so proud of herself. Loves it when we cheer for her and gets the biggest cheesiest grin on her face. Of course she all the sudden seems so grown up to me, but is still such a little love bug. I'm excited for her though, she will finally be able to play, interact, and keep up better with her other two little cousins.
So anyway. We are LOVING our new home and loving everything it is providing for us. I'll try to be better about my updates now. The blog just needed to take the back burner so I could get us settled. ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment