Friday, February 22, 2013

Getting Settled

It's been a heck of a week here for us. 
There have been dozens of trips made to the old house to load up my car and our BIL's truck (because the moving truck couldn't get it all).


Saying goodbye to our home on Legislative.
 
  Dozens of messes made and cleaned up upstairs in the play room. 
 
  Twice I've gotten to use both ovens at the same.
Chocolate chip,walnut, and oatmeal cookies
Honey mustard chicken and twice baked potatoes (a Hodges household staple) =)
 Our first family meal in the house.  Friday night before our big move, we ordered pizza and set up the folding table/chairs. 
Lots of sleepless nights because Lydia and I have both been sick.  Thankfully Charlie and Natalia only got a little sick and seem to be on the mend though.  Her poor little nose is so red and raw.
Lots of vacuuming using the central vac, and a pretty little helper.
 A few baths in the "big" tub!

Countless numbers of boxes that I've unpacked, and dozens more to go.

The girls rooms are the most complete and set up.  Just missing their curtains which I don't want to do until the blinds go in on Monday.  Other then that I've got the rest mostly done.  Started to hang a few pictures to make the place feel a little more homey.  The garage is still a disaster because it has everything that was in our shed/bonus room/garage at home so I need to sort it and organize it. 

We got the washer/dryer hooked up yesterday and I've been doing laundry like a mad women. 

We've yet to put the baby proof locking things in the kitchen which resulted in this mess:
 
So that pretty much sums us up around here.  I'm exhausted.  Seriously exhausted. 

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor