Thursday, February 7, 2013

Random Thoughts

UGH!  We were supposed to close today and as usual something just had to come up.  I didn't sleep much last night and now I'm in for another long night.  PRAYING we get to close tomorrow and still fund in the afternoon so we can FINALLY take possession of that beautiful house.  GRRR!! 

I've been busy scouring over craigslist and the Internet trying to find items for the new house.  We're pretty much doubling in size and will need a few things to help furnish it.  The downstairs living area will need everything. It'll stay empty for a while though, probably until end of March and then we'll get what we need for it. 

Just wanted to jot down a few things and thoughts while I'm at it. 

Natalia:
"pershey kiss" - I've been giving her Hershey Kisses when she poops on the potty and when she sleeps all night.  She's been doing excellent in both fields.  No accidents in a long time (THANK GOODNESS) and she's back on a good sleeping schedule.  We had to drastically change her nighttime routine and cut out naps, and I'm sorely missing that nap time these days, but I think the bedtime battle is over.  For now anyway.  We'll see what happens once we move. 
She seems to really love preschool.  It's so cute dropping her of Tue/Thur mornings and see her excitement to go down those stairs and talk to Miss Janis.
She told me today when I picked her up from preschool that Jude is her favorite person like Lydia is. 

Lydia:
Still not walking on her own, but she has been taking a few steps here and there!! WOOO.  Talked to the pediatrician about it and she's not concerned.  She said Lydia is capable of doing it just has to decide she wants to.  I was really hoping she'd be walking before we moved but maybe the new house will do the trick.
At her 15 month check up she weighed 22.6lbs (35%) was 2ft 8in (84%!!!!) and her head was in the 75%.  I swear she is going to be taller then Natalia here soon.  Her ears checked out fine so this last antibiotic finally did the trick.  (it was something other then amoxicillin)
Still waking up at night.  Last night she was up every 3 hours, i think from soreness of shots.  In all honesty because I was so stressed out and couldn't sleep anyway it was so nice to go sit and rock with her.  The dark was peaceful.  I love that snuggles from mama make her fall instantly back to sleep.  I was relishing in the extra snuggles last night just thinking that someday when she's 13 (or any teen) she might hate me and these will be the moments I miss most.

Ok I think that's all for now.  Saturday Charlie and I are going to Melting Pot to celebrate our Valentines and to (fingers crossed) celebrate closing on the house. 

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor