Woo, we survived another trip to Texas!
This is my fourth trip to Texas, Natalia's third, and Lydia's first. I couldn't even tell you how many times Charlie has been because he used to go every summer when he was a kid.
Also, this was Lydia's first time on a plane so I was a bit nervous for that. Both girls did amazing though and there was only one slight mini-meltdown (mommy included) at the very end of our trip. Right when we got on our plane in Denver to head to Boise, it started to snow. So we had to wait around for a good 30-40 minutes in the hot airplane for them to de-ice our plane. Both girls were exhausted because it was late and neither of them wanted to sleep. So I wasn't the best parent and just melted down with them. Once in the air we were able to turn on a movie for them and of course they both fell fast asleep about 5 min before we landed. We got home around 11pm Monday night and they slept in the car and we were able to successfully transfer them to cribs. We had such a fun weekend though and slept so little that now they are catching up on sleep here at home it seems. Natalia slept until 10am yesterday, Lydia woke up at 7:30am and only took an hour nap. But both girls slept all night last night and slept in this morning. I finally woke Lydia up at 9:45am! She's taken an almost 2.5 hour nap today as well.
Anyway, it was a very lovely weekend. Natalia warmed right up to Grandma Hodges and they were fast friends. Cypress thinks she is Natalia's size/age and so they played really well together as well. We got to spend some time at the park, playing cards, watching movies, and lots of eating. Charlie's cousin Kevin and his wife Joy also came to town. They had Anna in October 2011 too, so it was fun to see her. That's right Grandpa and Grandma Hodges had 4 great grand daughters all born in 2011. ;)
The girls as predicted didn't last long in pack and plays so we only attempted it the first night. The rest of the nights were spent with the four of us on a king bed all snuggled up and pushing daddy near the edge of the bed.
All in all it was a very successful trip. I loved that we got to do it with Charlie's older sister and family. It was a great bonding experience for the 7 of us. We both took tons of pictures so be sure to check out the album I've added. I haven't gotten Steph's pictures yet, so what you see is only what I took. Yikes. ;)
Thursday, March 14, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
YAY!!!!! So glad you girls had fun:)
Zoo date soon?
Post a Comment