Thursday, December 27, 2012

Pneumonia strikes again

As usual I have an excuse for my delay in postings.  We had an amazing Christmas here at the Hodgepodge household, despite being sick.  And I will get to posting about it.

Lydia has been diagnosed with viral pneumonia.  She hasn't really gotten better since the last time she was sick and the last few days have just been really tough for her.  So I took her to the pediatrician to get checked out just to be sure.  I thought she would have ear infections as usual, but they were all clear.  The doctor ordered a chest x-ray just to rule out pneumonia.  Sure enough she has it.  Because it's viral though there isn't a lot antibiotics can do for her so we just have to tough it out and keep up with everything else we are doing.  TOTALLY SUCKS.  We aren't sleeping well at all.
Here is little miss in her hospital gown waiting to go in for her xray.  The put them in a little tube with their arms up by their head for it.  She didn't like it one bit and screamed. 

Natalia had pneumonia at 7 months, but hers was different so they were able to treat it with antibiotics.  Natalia's pneumonia

My poor babies.  Seriously.  I'm so over this and so ready to feel healthy again.  I'm still fighting my own head cold/sinus infection.  GRRR. 

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor