I want to blog about our weekend but feel like that just needs to wait.
On Friday there was yet another school shooting. This time at an elementary school, killing 20 kiddos and 6 teachers. To say it is devastating is an understatement. I felt like I was glued to the computer all day Friday waiting for more and more details to emerge. Every single time crying my eyes out imagining the pain/devastation/horror. Those precious babies. Those brave teachers/staff. I can't even wrap my mind around it all. I cry thinking about the families who lost their loved ones. Not just the parents who lost their babies but the siblings who lost a brother or a sister. I cry for the ones who survived but will forever be scarred by this. I cry for my babies and the world they are being brought up in. I cry when I think of sending them off to school and having to live in fear of them being harmed in a place that used to be so seemingly safe.
I don't know why exactly I felt this need to blog about this event. I guess I want my girls to know about it someday and to think of those precious souls. I can only hope and pray that something changes and my girls are safe in school, in a movie theater, at a mall.
I'm still heartbroken over it and I'm snuggling my kiddos extra tight.
Sunday, December 16, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I agree! I don't even have kids yet, and this breaks my heart. I could hardly think about it and see pics without almost crying (and I was at work - so I had to hold back!) This was one of the worst things ever - your kids SHOULD be safe at school! It is not okay that they aren't now. I remember the occasional bomb threat, but these shootings are soo much worse and soo much more terrifying. Hold your babies close! The country is mourning all these children (and adults), and I just can't even imagine a loss like this. I can understand why you blogged about it - it's just too awful to ignore!
Post a Comment