Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Elf, Santa, Reindeer, and a very brave 3 year old

Ok.  So if you don't know me you might not know that I seriously LOVE Christmas.  It has always been my favorite holiday.  There is just something so magical and special about it. My parents did everything in their power to gives us an amazing Christmas, even if they were broke we never knew it. (I'm not trying to say they would spoil us with gifts they just made sure that whatever gifts we did get we got with a lot of love)  When things were good though we made sure to pass on the blessings.  I remember two years in specific where we got to play Secret Santa for two families who weren't doing so well.  It was SO MUCH FUN to leave presents/food on their door steps and ring the doorbell and run.  We'd watch from the car as they would open their doors and the looks of shock were the best thing in the world.  As my kids get older I definitely want to show them the fun behind giving to another family. Every year my family made it a big deal to gather on Christmas Eve for a big dinner and playing with my cousins was always the best part.  My parents had an enormous house at the time and we'd have massive games of hide and seek.  (So looking forward to our big house and having all my cousins/nephews/nieces etc over for hide and seek games with the girls!!!) Anyway, I'm rambling.  The point is, as good as Christmas for me was all those years, nothing tops Christmas now.  Having little kids and getting to see the magic of Christmas through their eyes is the best thing in the world.  Oh my gosh.  Natalia totally believes in Santa this year.  That magical little elf has done wonders for us and her potty training. She went two whole weeks straight without an accident because of that magical little elf.  She felt so guilty Sunday at my grandma's when she had her accident asking me if Santa would be mad at her.  I can't wait for Christmas Eve and Christmas day this year and the look on her face.  Holy crap. 

 I'm not going to post all this week's Elf pictures just because if you go to my Facebook link for the Christmas album you can see them all there.  =) But wanted to add this one because she thought it was pretty funny that our elf was hanging out with Mickey. 
















Next, if you know my daughter you know she tends to freak out and chicken out of big events.  As in she loves loves loves horses and ponies, but when we go to the pumpkin patch she will not come near the pony ride.  So this year when she said she wanted to go see Santa, I nodded my head and said sure.  I was extremely hesitant to take her to meet Santa... I figured she'd freak out and not come near him.  Well, an opportunity came up to go see a Santa for free and I thought this was our chance.  If she got scared it wouldn't matter because we didn't have to pay anything for it.  I asked her all morning if she was sure she wanted to go see him and each time she said she did.  So we went to this little event and got in line. And what do you know?  She walked right up to Santa sat on his lap and told him she'd been good and that she wanted Belle Shoes and Cinderella Shoes (crap might need to go find her some Cinderella shoes)!!  I was so excited to get pictures of her (with my new camera too!) and just so pleased.  Charlie handed Lydia off to Santa and she did exactly what I thought she would do, exactly what I thought Natalia would do had we given this a go any other year.  He he he.  But it was too cute not to take a picture of.  After that we walked through the shopping center to see their other little set ups.  They had a reindeer to pose with and our little brave girl was all about it!  Then we went to see the miniature ponies and she shocked me yet again.  Not only did she pet the pony, she stood next to him and held his reins!!  I was a proud mama.  As we were leaving we ran into Mrs. Clause and Natalia walked right up to her and let Mrs. Clause pick her up.  Again saying she'd been good and wanting her princess shoes.  It was such a fun Saturday morning for us. 
This week I've been super busy with finishing up our Christmas presents.  I have a lot of projects to make and get done.  I'm basically done with my shopping, except for one gift for Charlie that I really need to do some research and get some opinions on.  Then just finish up all those projects and we are set!  Woo.

1 comment:

Kami Satterlee said...

Just got the most adorable Xmas card in the mail! Love it! Hey do you want go take the girls to just kidd'n around in meridian on Friday at 10:30?

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor