So quick update, Natalia has Pneumonia. She's been sick since the beginning of February, almost a month now! At first it was just the regular snotty nose kind of cold that turned into a horrible cough and some serious congestion in her lungs. You can feel the rattling in her chest when she breathes poor baby. I took her to our regular pediatrician last Monday and he said it was a respiratory virus that would just clear up on its own. He told me some things to do: use a humidifier, having her sleep inclined, lots of fluids etc, but I'd already been doing them and she wasn't getting better. Well, today I decided I wanted a second opinion. So I took her to another pediatrician that my friend is taking her baby boy to. (he's six days younger than Natalia, we were due a day apart, so it's been nice to have someone in the same stages as us) I was already thinking of switching pediatricians because the last time we saw ours was at 6 months and he didn't want Natalia back until her 12 month check up. I thought it was a little odd we were going to go 6 months without seeing him. Plus my friend said her doctor did a check up at 9 months and they got a lot of info from her about feeding etc. I thought I was missing out on a lot of valuable information, especially with all my struggles with Natalia and her eating habits. So anyway, we went and saw this other doctor and loved her. She decided to send Natalia down for an X-ray to rule out Pneumonia, and sure enough she's got it. So we start antibiotics tomorrow, and now hopefully we'll finally see an end to her not feeling well.... and hopefully get some more sleep!! We go in next week after our round with antibiotics for her 9 month check up. YAY!
Our poor sick little Ladybug in her hospital gown before going in for her X-ray. It was pathetically cute. They had to put her in this contraption that pinned her arms up above her head to keep her from wiggling and ruining the shot. She was so brave and didn't cry at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment