I know we've had our ups and downs with the sleep stuff, but it's been mostly ups and I'm so grateful for that. We've had a rough week trying to get you used to sleeping without your swaddle. But I'm so proud of all that you've accomplished this week in trying to learn how to fall asleep by yourself. It's been a special treat to just get to snuggle with you and sing while we rock and actually have you awake instead of zonked out.
As far as food goes, you LOVE it. I'm also so happy that we've been so successful there. your sister gave me a run for my money when it came to food so for you to be such a good eater has made life so much easier. Your favorite right now is the avocado soup that Great Grandma Gladys made and mommy blended up for you. You gobble that one up and usually eat twice as much of that then when I feed you something else. It's fun when you are in a super good mood because you attack the spoon and make funny noises. I've been trying to get it on video because it's pretty hilarious, but as usual you will stop as soon as i turn it on. I haven' been able to make peaches for yo because they aren't in season so I went ahead and bought Gerber of i t, and boy did you NOT like that. I don't know if it was the flavor or the fact that it was store bought. So once peaches are in season we'll make some here at home and see how you feel about them then. ;)
And... I think you're about to say your first word if you haven't already.... DADA! You say it all the time in your baby gibberish and it's so stinking cute. I'm just waiting to hear you say it in reference to your dada to count. I gave up on pushing mama on you and have been working on dada just because I'm so excited to hear it.
You smile and laugh a lot more freely now, although you still give off a pretty serious face to people you don't know. ;)
You love to do Itsy Bitsy spider and especially love when mama lifts your arms for "out came the sun" it's so cute.
Your favorite blankets are the flimsy thin receiving blankets. The others are just ok but these ones (there are four of them) you adore. You scrunch them up and snuggle your face into them. Chewing on them is also another love of yours.
You LOVE your new bath seat and LOVE bath time with your sister. You two are just too precious in there!
Miss Lydia, I'm so not ready for you to grow up so stinking fast... but I love watching you learn. I'm so proud and happy to be your mommy.
LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK!


No comments:
Post a Comment