Sunday, May 13, 2012

31st bday and Mother's day

What I find so funny about me combining this blog post, is that when I was younger I really didn't like when my birthday landed on mother's day. Not that I didn't enjoy Mother's day or appreciate my mom oh so much.... I just hated when my birthday got pushed aside and forgotten.  You know usual kid stuff.  Now that I'm a mama myself though, it's not so bad.  ;)

My birthday was pretty awesome.  I'm still not ready to be 31, it seems so very old but it's ok.  I'm good with where we are in life.  In the morning I had my Grandma Gladys take Lydia for me and Natalia and I went to get my license renewed.  (awful picture of course!)  then we went and met up with my cousin at the bridal shop to pick out a flower girl dress for Natalia. Holy serious cuteness batman.
She was adorable, this was the first one she put on and she refused to try on the other dress... so it was the winner.  It fit perfectly so they gave me the option to just buy this one (and I got a discount!) instead of ordering a new one.  Now it's time to find some adorable shoes and plan how I want to do her hair.  ;)  She kept asking for a crown to go with it, she saw all the pretty sparkly tiaras at the shop... thinking I might try to incorporate my tiara from when we got married into her hair.  LOVE. 

We then went and got Miss Lydia from my grandma and went to the park to play.  Charlie met us there with some Subway sandwiches and we had a picnic.  It was perfect. After heading home and getting the girls down for naps I got to open some presents.  I'm seriously spoiled.  I got the ice cream maker attachment to my Kitchenaid, an insulated Camelback water bottle, a cover for my phone, and flowers!
We're going to attempt some Coke slushes here in a bit in the ice cream maker.  WOO!  For dinner we went as a family to Red Robin.  Natalia seriously pigged out on her chicken and it made me a little sad because she sat there like such a big girl and just ate and ate.  None of her usual regression tactics.  It was pretty awesome.  We got home and bathed the girls and got ready for bed.  My mom stopped by with a gift card to Ylan for some pedicures, heck yes.  And then we attempted to watch The Sitter... Lydia decided to FREAK out.  The sleep lady mentioned there would be a night of regression on the fifth night, but it was the sixth night!  I think it had a lot to do with her nap at my grandma's that morning didn't go so well, their afternoon naps happened late and their bed time got postponed after bath because of my mom stopping by.  That plus some possible gas.  I've been so on top of our schedule all week and so letting it slide yesterday probably wasn't the best choice. (Natalia woke up once and then tried to wake up for the day at 6am Saturday, and she's been doing amazing all week)  so it's back to being strict about our schedule!
Anyway, other then that freak out the last couple hours of the night... they were both so great all day.  It was a nice easy relaxing day, that's the best kind.  I got to spend it with my three favorite people and really that's all that counts!  

Saturday I got to spend some time celebrating with my girlfriends!  We met at Ceramica to get our craftiness on.  I'd never been and was given the idea by a friend as something to do...what a fun and different way to celebrate!  
It was a lot of fun.  I picked out this cute star bowl to do, and I could not for the life of me pick colors or what to do with it.  So I just went at it and was greatly disappointed with my design.  I then went and picked out a large mug and painted it lady bug style and it turned out much cuter!  Now I wish I would have done the star bowl in blue and orange, don't know why I didn't think of that!!  Then we went had a delicious dinner at Louies (another friend not pictured above met us)  It was a lot of fun and I'm so glad they all came to celebrate. 

My mother's day has gone pretty good.  The morning was a little rough because I didn't get any sleep last night.  Lydia was up multiple times and it totally blew.  I'm deciding to just swaddle her again.  Thinking we'll get a good week of sleep out of her first.  She did so great the first two days after we started doing the sleep stuff, and then I started the steps to get rid of that swaddle and it all went down hill.  So I want to better establish her good sleeping habits before we try to remove it this time instead of rushing it.  Anyway, Charlie had me go back to bed this morning and he took both girls to get breakfast and get me some things I need for our Mother's day dinners with family tonight. 

First stop after naps was my Grandma's house to see my mom and her family etc.  I put in a special request since it was also my birthday celebration and my grandma made my favorite El Savladorian dish.  Carne asada, chimole, and arroz.  Steak and rice with a special salsa type dish.  It's basically tomatoes, radishes, green onions, lemon juice and some seasonings, it's really fresh and tasty and goes nicely with steak and rice.  We hadn't had it in forever so I was happy my grandma agreed to it!  ;) I ate WAY TOO much, but oh well.  We did the mother's day thing there and then were off to Steph's house.  They ate without us because we were running late but I still had to try some of her chicken enchiladas because they smelled pretty tasty.  I got a bunch of gifts and mother's day cards there as well. 

It was a long day and I'm wiped.  Best part of the day though???  Lydia started saying Mama over at Steph's!!  There's no denying it she definitely said it, even Charlie heard it.  So just like Natalia saying Mama first and followed it by Dada a couple days later, Lydia said Dada first but followed it with Mama a couple of days later.  WOO!  ;)
In other news. My dear friend Amy is ENGAGED!!  You know the one that moved to Alaska?  She and her boy went to Hawaii for a week and he proposed while on their vacation.  I'm so excited and happy for her.  AND, I am so excited to help her plan!! he he he. Now we just gotta get her home so we can get on that.  That's the plan anyway, she really wants to be married here in Idaho so she still wants to move back home this summer to start planning.  Then Ryan can join her here in Idaho once it's time.  WOO HOO!  We miss our M'amy around here and can't wait to see her again.  ;) 

Well this upcoming weekend is our trip to Arizona!  I'm so excited for our mini get away but I'm not looking forward to being apart from the girls for two days/two nights!

**So I wrote all that last night (sunday night) and didn't get it posted.  Last night was AWFUL with Lydia.  She woke every 1.5-2 hours, with another weird freak out between 11:30-12:30.  Really not sure what was going on.  Teeth maybe?  UGH!  But she got to bed so late from our Mother's day stuff, so hoping that was part of it.  Today's schedule is super strict and she's going to be swaddled so I'm hoping for a better night from her tonight!

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor