So today was an off day for our dog Switch. He's normally very laid back and just lounges around the house not doing much. Come this morning I'm doing dishes and trying to load dishes into the dishwasher... but he's right behind me and standing so close I can't back up to put the dishes in. I told him to get out of the kitchen, a command he knows for when I'm cooking and don't want to be tripping over him. He didn't budge. For the next couple hours as I moved around the house getting us all ready for Lydia's appointment he was my shadow. He would not leave my side and if I sat down he immediately laid down below my legs. Even while rocking Lydia for a nap he sat behind the rocking chair. It was SOOO ODD. Of course my mind starts to go to all these places. I'm thinking he's sensing something is wrong with himself or one of us. Like those dogs that can sense seizures you know? So then my mind starts to wonder to what if something happens to me and it's only me and the girls home... then my mind goes to that scene of Steel Magnolias with Julia Roberts where she's konked out on the floor with her baby screaming and her husband comes home to find them like that. UGH! So then I'm imagining me sprawled out on the floor, Natalia screaming next to me and Lydia screaming in her crib. Natalia's too little to teach to call 911 right? So what's a stay at home mama to do? I'm seriously freaked out that something like that is going to happen some day now. I know someone who had a stroke and wasn't found for two days and she almost died. So yeah, here is my morbid post for the month. BTW, still don't know why Switch was acting so weird, he did it a little this afternoon but once Charlie got home he started acting normal again.
Thursday, March 1, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment