Monday, March 12, 2012

Five whole months

Miss Lydia is five months old today. Not really sure how to feel about that. I'm loving each new stage with her, but really not loving how fast time seems to be going. She's as precious as ever and I just can't get enough of her. I rocked her a few minutes extra last night after she'd fallen asleep because I wasn't ready to put her down and have her wake up a five month old. UGH!
BTW, I adore this little green dress. It was given to Natalia by a good friend of Charlie's. I loved it so much that even after she outgrew it I had her wear it as a shirt with jeans the following summer. ;) Going to do the same to Lydia, and it will probably be one that I keep forever.
Lydia is still my easy baby. She gets fussy when she's hungry or gassy, but that's about it. We started putting rice cereal in her bottle during the day to help her sleep at night and it totally worked but it's brought on some extra gas which she is not a fan of. Might give actual rice cereal with a spoon a go this coming weekend see how she likes it. This last week she didn't want me to put her down on the play mat, so rolling still hasn't been accomplished... but that's ok. It's the first step to becoming mobile and I'm definitely not ready for that! She's still being wrapped at night. I tried to put her down for one of her quick evening naps the other day without it and she kept waking up the second I put her down in the crib. So we'll just keep wrapping her until we can't I guess. For a few weeks there we were going through the SCREAMING in the car seat phase whenever we went somewhere in the car. It breaks your heart hearing them scream like that but there's nothing you can do... other then just stay home. But, that's not an option around here. BUT, this last three days or so seem to be going much better so I'm hopeful we are growing out of it already. She just loves her big sister and always smiles whenever Natalia talks to her. She is just such a smiley happy baby. I'm so thankful that she's been easy on me. I had a rough go with Natalia and her sleeping/eating habits. If Lydia had been a stinker as well we'd probably be done having kiddos. ;) I love her wild and crazy hair, it's so fun! She's created a pretty solid schedule now; morning nap for about an hour, afternoon nap for about an hour and a half, and evening nap for about 45 min. I'm so thankful that we finally have a schedule, those first couple of months of no schedule and pure chaos around here were rough. I think the pumping every 2-3 hours wasn't help either. ;) But we got it down now and I feel like I can keep up with our life.
Looking back and reading about life before we had Lydia is a little crazy for me now. I couldn't fathom loving another kiddo as much as I loved Natalia. Everyone told me that when the time came my love would just grow... but I didn't understand. I guess it's one of those things you just can't understand until it happens to you. I can't even believe how much I love this little one. I can't imagine life without her in it. I love my little family of four!
Happy 5 months Lydibug, I love you to the moon and back!

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor