Monday, November 21, 2011

Nothing much


So not a real update, but just some little bits...

Natalia is so funny. She is OBSESSED with the show My Little Pony. She has some ponies, a few were from a garage sale. One we gave her as her hospital gift, and one Grandma Debra just gave her. The one Grandma Debra gave her is called Rainbow Dash, and then there is a mini blue one that looks like Rainbow Dash (but isn't) that she has. And, what does she do? She calls the bigger one (real Rainbow Dash) Mommy Rainbow Dash and the little one Baby Rainbow Dash. She does this with multiple things, if she has two of them (even if they aren't the same) one becomes the mommy and one becomes the baby.

I've been pumping mass quantities of breast milk and our deep freezer is getting a little full... not really sure what we are going to do when it's full. With Natalia I don't remember it getting this full and I pumped for 3 months and then had 3 months worth in the freezer. I didn't keep track of how many ounces that was though. This time I am keeping tracking it and I'm at over a 1,000oz!!! Not really sure how long that will last just because, right now Lydia is drinking 2-3oz a feeding, but as she gets bigger she'll eat more. I had wanted to try and pump for longer this time to get more of a supply frozen, but without room to store it I might not have a choice!
What's really sad about this picture is that it as taken a couple of days ago... I've since added two more of those large ziploc bags full of milk to it. YIKES!

Speaking of Lydia, she is just so stinking sweet. She loves to be snuggled when she is sleeping. Right now for example... I should be folding laundry, but she wanted to be snuggled so I'm holding her and blogging instead. She's sleeping so well at night too. Usually eats around 10:00/10:30 and then is down until almost 4:00am sometimes 5:00am!! WOO HOO! After having a kiddo who didn't even want to sleep through night until she was almost a year and a half this is a nice change. Of course by the time I pump and get into bed after feeding her it's almost 11:30, but still 4-5 hours of solid sleep is amazing.


On Thursday we had my dad over for dinner. Natalia decided to try and melt down at the same time as Lydia right when I needed to make dinner. So I strapped Lydia in the carrier to me and put Natalia up on the counter so she could "help" me make dinner. Suddenly I feel like OK, I can do this I can handle to kids and I don't feel so overwhelmed. HA! Joke was on me. Saturday was pure torture and Natalia never stopped melting down and only slept for an hour during nap. It was a rough rough day. But, yesterday and today have gone much better and again I am starting to feel like maybe I have a handle on this two kid life. ;)

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor