Friday, May 6, 2011

Almost 2?!?!?!

So last night I was telling Charlie about this cute thing that Natalia does, and it got me thinking.... I need to be writing these down for the future. I love hearing stories of funny things we used to do as kids and so I need to have these somewhere Natalia can go back and read them if I can't remember them or am not around to tell them.


I can't believe this kiddo is going to be two in less then a month. Seriously, where did the time go? Of course the last three months have been a total blur to me, but some fun stuff has also happened.

She learned how to unzip her PJ's in bed. Some mornings I go in to get her and she's got her PJ's completely off! Most mornings they are just all the way unzipped. One morning I went in there and she had even taken half of her diaper off. Little stinker. I'm afraid of the morning I wake up to a completely naked baby and perhaps a messy diaper laying on the bed. GROSS! =) I think it might be time to just switch her over to her warm weather jammies. Charlie thinks she's warm and that's why she keeps doing it. I'm afraid that her warm weather jammies are two pieces and there for easier to take off. I guess we'll confront that problem if it arises. Last night I went in there because I saw on the monitor that she had already unzipped herself. Once in there I realized she had half her diaper off too. Silly girl. **I'm just now noticing as I go back and proof read that I referred to her as a baby, I'm going to leave that though because she is still my baby**


She loves to do whatever I'm doing. Sometimes in the morning I'll lock her up in our bedroom while I'm in the bathroom getting ready. She comes into the bathroom to see what I'm doing and then wants it done on her too. Some of her favorites are putting on lotion and putting on make up. (I'm in trouble with the make up probably!) She sees me putting on my eyeshadow and she comes up to me wanting some. So I clean the brush completely off and then tell her to close her eyes and brush it over her eyelids. She gets a big kick out of that. Yesterday she wanted mascara, so I had to pretend big time on that one! It's just the cutest little thing when she tilts her little head up and closes her eyes wanting me to put some on her. (this was the one I was telling Charlie about last night)


Also yesterday while I was getting ready she was watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Sometimes if you are lucky you can hear her repeat the names of the characters when they say them on TV. It's really too cute. So yesterday I don't think she realized I was watching her but she was up at the TV while the characters did the Hot Dog Dance and she was pointing at them and saying their names. Then she started dancing and as they started to leave she waved her hand and said bye bye to them. Charlie probably won't believe this one. Anytime she does something like this and I tell him about it he doesn't believe me until he sees/hears it for himself. And of course I can't get her to do it when he's around. DOH!

We painted those precious little piggys for the first time recently too. I've been dying for her to get old enough to let me do it. But, she hates to have her toe nails clipped and I just figured she wouldn't let me touch her feet long enough to do this either. But, I recently painted my toenails (hallelujah for spring and flip flops my toes needed to breath!) and she loved pointing at them and was almost obsessed with why they were pink. So I bought some fast drying toe nail polish and gave it a go one night. She sat perfectly still and was so excited to have them done. It was adorable. I'm hoping I can use this as incentive to let me clip those nails now, before I was bribing her with miny M&M's! He he he.



Lately Natalia has been super snugly and clingy with me. Although I enjoy the time, it gets hard to make dinner with her wanting "up up" all the time. =) My mom says its because Natalia can sense a change in me even if she doesn't understand that mommy is pregnant.


She has a personality all her own and an opinion all her own... and if things don't go her way oh the fit that ensues. Most of the time she'll leave whatever room I'm in and go lay down with her head in her arms to cry. It's pretty hilarious, but I try not to let her see me laughing. The other day she wanted a sip of my soda sooooo bad that she started refusing to eat her lunch and the biggest fit today came out. She cried for a good 10 minutes over it. Sometimes I let her have sips of my soda, that was my first mistake! Usually though she is good about listening to me and taking her bites of food first before getting a sip. It's just that once and a while her stubborn little personality rears it's head. he he he.


Ok last one I think. With the beautiful weather comes play time outside! Finally!!! That's Natalia's FAVORITE thing to do. She loves going outside with Dada and puppa to play. It's pretty much how I can get dinner done now. We even went for our first bike ride of the year the other day. It was hard on my tush, which is only going to get bigger... but she loved it. I'm hoping that now that I'm starting to feel a little more like me we can go outside more and play! I'm going to look into some fun things for outside to add to her birthday list too. =) I'm super excited to see her reaction to the bounce house I rented for her birthday party. Yeah yeah so I said last year that her first bday party would be the big one and the next few would be a little more low key. HA! I can't help myself. We're doing a Minnie Mouse theme, which every time I look stuff up she looks at the screen and says Mimi Mou... too cute. And hopefully this time she'll get more into her party and open presents on her own and eat her cake!

1 comment:

Alison said...

that's so funny about the make up. Adam used to do that too, he'd grab my brushes and start putting them on his face. A couple of times, I wasn't able to get the make up off first so he'd have huge streaks of bronzer or something across his face. too cute

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor