Lets just say I'm just so sad and disappointed in how Halloween turned out this year. Last year we took Natalia over to a friend's house and really had a great time, we trick or treated with their family and it was so fun. We got invited back this year and I was so excited to go. Natalia would have looked so cute following the other little kids up to the doors and getting candy. I was excited to see her face when she realized what she was getting in her little pumpkin bucket. And, you know me I was looking forward to the photo opportunities! Well that's what I get for trying to plan ahead. Let's start from the beginning. We had a great time Saturday night at a friend's Halloween party. I was a Geisha and Charlie wore his Ninja Turtle gear. It was a ton of fun! Natalia spent the night with Charlie's mom, it was their first slumber party together and it went great. Well, then this morning she woke with a snotty nose. I thought it wasn't a big deal because she has been snotty nosed off and on because of teething. Well, throughout the day it got gradually worse. You could just tell she didn't feel well at all, her nose got more and more snotty, and she had a slight fever. She was EXTREMELY cranky and clingy. So our plans got cancelled. I didn't want to expose other kiddos to this and have her out in the cold. I thought instead we'll stay home and hand out candy. So I ran to Walmart and got some candy. We also attempted to carve our pumpkin from the patch. Well that took a lot longer then it should have because of Natalia's crankiness, poor baby. I had also wanted to at least try to take her to the neighbors just so she could try it out, no such luck... the kiddo wasn't having any of it. She wouldn't eat her dinner either... the only thing that made her happy was answering the door for other kiddos. But, as soon as they left she got upset again wanting more to visit. I dressed her up for some photos at least though. Then comes bed time... she never fights bed time anymore, even sick she hasn't fought her bed time. Well, tonight that was not the case. She cried and cried... I was heartbroken. It was just too much for me to take, a crappy Halloween and now this poor baby is miserable. So I went back into her room and rocked her for a few minutes... she of course zonked out and was even drooling on me. So I went to lay her down and she was fine for a couple of minutes and then cried again. I ended up coming downstairs and crying to Charlie. It took a while for her to settle herself down but she finally fell asleep.... It just stinks. She isn't usually this cranky, so I'm a little worried. We'll see how she is feeling tomorrow, see if it gets any worse. Hopefully it'll pass and we can get a nice good start to November. UGH!
I did post a link to our Halloween album though.
Sunday, October 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment