Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Creepy Park Man
So Monday Natalia and I went on a bike ride with my girlfriends. We took the Greenbelt down to Ann Morrison park and then played on the play ground there for a bit. We noticed this older gentlemen (and that's putting it nicely) sitting on the edge of the playground taking pictures of the kids. We kept our eyes on him and noticed that it didn't really seem like he was there with anyone. Not grand kids or anything. CREEPY! At one point Natalia and I were sitting in a swing next to Amy also on a swing chatting with Cheryl and Angie. He then comes up to us and asks me if he could take a picture of my daughter. I politely said, "I'd rather you didn't sir." Then he goes on to say, "I just thought she might like it, she keeps looking over at me. I felt like taking pictures of the park today." First off, still not changing my mind. Second of all dude you aren't taking pictures of the park (trees, grass, water fountain etc.) You are taking pictures of the kids playing on the play ground. ICK!! So he walks off and we continued to keep our eyes on him... I mean it would have been one thing if he had come up and said something like here's my card, I'm a photographer, blah blah blah. But, this just gave us the wrong vibe. So Amy looked up the number for the police department and called!! They agreed that it didn't sound all that great and were sending a police officer down to check it out. Amy and Angie went to get snow cones, while Cheryl and I watched the guy. I swear I looked away for two seconds when I saw the cop car pull up and when I looked back the guy was gone!!! He took off when he saw the cop car too. Darn it all, and I didn't see where he had gone or if he left on foot or in a car. So when the officer came into the playground area, I decided to go talk to him so that he wasn't looking around for the guy. I told him again what had happened and how it made us uncomfortable and how when I looked away the guy took off. So he got a good description of the guy and told another cop who was pulling up so that they could drive around the park and make sure he was gone. I was so mad that I didn't keep my eyes on the guy! GRRR. Anyway, just wanted to share our story of the creep park man. Keep your eyes open for them! =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment