Thursday, April 1, 2010

This last week!

Ok so quick update on Oliver. His surgery went well. If you didn't know he had to have surgery to remove this mesh thing they put in his belly last year when he had his liver transplant. It wasn't a big complicated surgery, but after everything that little guy has been through it was enough to keep me on my toes all morning waiting for the news he was out of surgery. I breathed a big sigh of relief when I got the news.... only to find out a little later they were moving him up to the ICU because they were having a hard time balancing his pain meds and his respiratory rate! UGH! But, Derek said not to worry... so I didn't worry. If my brother isn't worried then I know it's going to be ok. Just like last year I kept my cool as long as Derek kept his cool. It wasn't until I got that awful call from him on new years that I lost it. =) Thank goodness for modern medicine and those wonderful doctors. They got it all figured out quickly and I got a picture of Oliver resting peacefully shortly after. Oliver has to stay in the hospital about a week and then in Utah for about another week. Tomorrow my mom, Natalia, and I will be making the trek to Utah to spend the weekend with them. Natalia hasn't really been enjoying her car seat, so we took her out of the bucket seat and switched her to her "big girl" seat... which is a convert able seat so it's still backwards. She seems to like it so I'm hoping that will make the trip go a little more smoothly. Wish us luck! And, please continue to keep Oliver in your thoughts and prayers. Here is little man before he's about to go into surgery. Ashlee said he as given this doll to draw a face on and he decided that one orange eye and one purple eye was the way to go. I guess he was in a good mood up until they made him sit still and pose for this picture... thus the face! =)


So for Charlie's birthday my mom came and watched Natalia and put her to bed for us. We just went to Texas Roadhouse and had dinner and then rented a movie to watch at home. Charlie's presents of course didn't come in time, but came the next day. I had Natalia "sign" a card or in other words I held her had while she drew on the card with a pen... She also gave him Babe on dvd. One of his favorites movies that for some reason we still didn't have on dvd. It'll be cute to see them watch that together. I gave him the second movie as well. There rest of my gifts to him where boring though. Socks and undershirts, boxes for his magic cards, and a frame to wash his baseball hat in the washer. He is so hard to shop for! Last night his family came over for the usual taco night. Charlie and his tacos... don't mess with that. That was his choice for his birthday dinner with the family of course. They gave him gift cards and money towards a sound system for the TV that he's been wanting. So we'll have to start looking into those. It was a great night and Adam is always a hit and entertains us. Poor little guy gets teased like crazy from Uncle Charlie but still always plays with him.

Today my mother in law is taking her Nclex for her RN. She was stressing about it last night and we kept telling her not to stress!! She's passed before for her LPN, so we know she will pass this time! I told her good luck, but that she doesn't need it because I know she will pass again. So if you know her wish her luck, he he he.

Little stinker Natalia is back to her old tricks. She had those two great nights, and then two not so good nights. One more great night, and then the night before last was horrible! I think it's teething and possibly cutting a tooth... in fact I hope it is because if it isn't then when it comes to that stuff we're in trouble! But, just in case I've been taking a thing or two out of her diet each day to be sure it's not something bothering her tummy. Last night she woke up twice and not quiet as angry. I'm worried how the trip over the weekend will affect her, but we'll only be gone two nights so I think she'll be fine.

Ok I think that's about it for now.

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor