Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Valentines 2016

Our Valentines this year was pretty low key.  Charlie and I went out to dinner at Melting Pot the weekend before.  I love that we do our own little thing on a different day, avoiding the chaos/crowds!  The night before Valentines I pulled out my trusty ol' Rubber Maid tote full of Valentines dishes and decor and decorated the table.  Along with some new jackets (great for Hawaii) and new Beanie Boos (are anyone else's kiddos as obsessed with these??)

Quinton woke me up at 5am that morning (Happy Valentines mommy!!) ha ha ha.  But I'm glad I was up instead of my usual sleep in on Sunday mornings thing.  (Charlie is so great to get up with him on Sat/Sun for me) Because then I got to see Natalia wake up and respond to the table and the gifts.  Her face always makes it so worth while.  Once Charlie got up he took the kids to get donuts for breakfast and I took that opportunity to go back to sleep for a couple of hours.  ;)  When I woke up I found the kids like this: 
They were recovering from the dreaded crud that was still going around, Lydia being the most sickly.  Charlie had made the girls little beds to watch a movie and Quinton wanted his own bed... where he fell asleep.  He was so relaxed and his eye were half open (creepy).  He actually slept like that for an hour too.   For lunch that day we just made a bunch of random food we had in the house.  Then we all went upstairs and watched Inside Out together since I hadn't seen it.  I don't remember everything we did that afternoon But then for dinner we did our usual heart pizza from Idaho Pizza Company.  

It was SOO YUM!! Definitely becoming our family favorite place to order pizza from.  It was just an easy peasy day around here!

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor