Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Janurary Insta Update

Ok, I was determined to get January's insta update done before February was over... and I got almost all of it done... and now it's March 2nd.  OOPS!  Considering we are leaving for Hawaii in 10 days, and there will be lots to blog about there, I better get February caught up before we leave! 
I know I know, quit complaining about being behind.  Either get caught up or give up on the blog.  I can't let go of this blog though, as much as it overwhelms me to keep up some times.  It's our family journal and I love the idea of the kids being able to look back on it some day (and I hope to someday make books of it, it's my project for once I've got them all in school) So I'll just keep chugging along. =) 

First day back to school after Christmas break and she's home sick.  It wasn't too serious though and she went to school the next day.  She kept me busy all day with projects and such.   
We had a fondue night and dipped strawberries and various other goodies into chocolate.  The kids loved it and then Lydia was acting all crazy from the sugar rush. 
My cousin is pregnant with their first a little boy, due right around Quintons 2nd birthday.  I was making her all sorts of goodies, a nursing cover, car seat canopy, burp clothes, and a bunting banner for his room.  I love sewing.  I also got to help create decor for her shower, and wish I would have posted those, but they turned out pretty cute too! 
I had some pretty adorable brownie helpers.  They all squished into the tower and took a turn stirring the batter. 
On my way to take the girls to my nephews bday party.  I was feeling pretty cruddy and had a cold coming on.  It was also a big Seahawks game day so I had to take a car selfie.  ha ha ha
Charlie stayed home to watch the game and Quinton zonked out in his lap.  Seriously a treat that this kid can sleep on us like that and just about anywhere.  
Girls having a blast at Pojo's for Oliver's bday party. 
After and extra long visit from my mom (she usually stays almost a month over Christmas because she stays long enough for Oliver's bday) it was time to take her to the airport.  And Quinton was NOT happy when she got out of the car and said goodbye.  he was quite devastated by it.  
Has to do what sisters do and prove that he's a big kid too.  he wanted "ice cream soda" out of a big kid cup just like the girls get.  I'm continually reminded that he is not a baby anymore.  
These two don't get a long.  It's kind of hard sometimes.  He doesn't understand, and doesn't communicate with her well. She is easily frustrated or hurt by him.  But when they do get along it's pretty fantastic. 
My sea hawks nails ready for the playoffs. 
Lydia spent the afternoon lining up every single Mickey and Minnie she had.  And she kept making me scoot to make room.  ha ha ha.  Then she sat in the middle among them, all complete with her "Minnie buns" and she fit right in.  
GO Seahawks!!  All dressed up in their finest for the play off game... and then the Seahawks lost and we were all sad. 
We had a busy Wednesday morning.  Took Natalia to school, Lydia had dance, then we went to the library.  We grabbed lunch and went to visit my grandma who had foot surgery.  Then I was supposed to have an eye appointment... and so I didn't let him take a nap.  Well airhead me messed up the date of the eye appointment and it was actually the following Wednesday.  So this grumpy gus was my own fault and I felt bad for it.  
 HUGE meltdown followed by a nap on mommy. 
STINKER!  Another 5am wake up call.  These ones are the tough ones.  I hate making him cry it out because I'm afraid he will wake the girls... but if I get him up he is GRUMPY by 8am.  And then one morning he just fell asleep on the couch after a huge fit.  Thankfully it didn't mess up our day and he still took a good afternoon nap.  
On Saturdays and Sundays Charlie usually gets up with Quinton for me so I can sleep in (5 days of 5/6am wake up calls does a number on me!)  One morning I woke up and this is what Quinton was doing.  Charlie said he had been happily "doing dishes" for a good 30 min.  And now it's our trick to let us get stuff done.  Set him in front of the sink like this with some pots or bowls etc and he is happy.  It makes a HUGE wet mess most days, but it works! 
This day he refused to nap in his crib but wanted to sleep on me.  I was not about to deny the snuggles! 
One of my favorite things my grandma makes... and I had her come teach me.  I've made it a few times on my own, but it never was quite right.  This time though I got it pretty darn close to grandma's and it was DELISH.  That tomato type salsa is called Chimole, it's an El Salvadorian thing. 
Tate and Lydia as teeny babies!  They are growing up so so fast!! 
2nd annual I Love You Because window.  Natalia can do her own now, and Lydia still doesn't quite grasp the concept ha ha.  But it's still a fun thing to do!
One of my childhood favorite books is Matilda.  So I got it out for Natalia and us to read together.  We promised her we would watch the movie when we were done.  After a particularly rough week, we changed things up a bit.  We had a family movie night, with a picnic brinner.  Pancakes, eggs, bacon.  Delish!  Natalia told me she is thankful that mommy and daddy aren't as mean as Matlida's parents, which was something I so needed to hear after feeling like a total grump mom.  
He got this light sabor toy from my aunt and he loves it.  The first time we showed him one at the store he would squeal with delight when we would extend it.  
An oldie but goodie. Natalia at her cousins bday party playing in the ball pit.  BAZINGA

And here they are years later, same cousins bday.  We swam at the hotel and had cake and pizza.  Lydia who has been extremely afraid of the water surprised us and was a total fish and jumping in.  Natalia really doesn't need the puddle jumper anymore but wore it so that Lydia and Cypress would wear theirs.  
Took the kids with Cheryl to Baskin Robbins for some ice cream.  Quinton was OBSESSED with the coke bottles in the fridge.  To the point that we ended up having to take our ice cream home to eat because he was on the verge of a meltdown when I wouldn't open the fridge for him to get one. 

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor