Friday, March 4, 2016

February Insta Update

February was a fun and busy month!!
Everyone but me got super sick (seriously I got a bit of the sniffles but managed to avoid the worst, how did that happen?!?!)- scratch that, I started to feel pretty awful the day after I wrote that.  Thankfully it's a mild cold so far.  Fingers crossed!
We had a fun Valentines.
We played with friends and cousins.
I started my new adventure with Thirty One.
Missed Switch.
Enjoyed the sunshine.
And now we are counting down to brother's birthday and our big trip!
We were super busy with dropping sister off, groceries, Costco etc.  He was in the BEST mood and being so cute and silly.  I turned on a show to get lunch going and with in minutes he was out!  I debated on letting him sleep there or moving him to his crib.  I eventually moved him and he actually stayed asleep! 
Another play date with Molly.  They made some Valentines crafts.  I asked them if they were going to give the Valentines to their boyfriends and they both said YUK! 
Playing with Tinker Toys, and he kept putting it on his head.  Quite the new hat right? 
Working on Natalia's Valentines box for school.  She wanted a robot, I showed her a bunch of pictures and gave her input here and there... but mostly I held the glue gun and she told me what she wanted.  
Celebrating Valentines at the Melting Pot the weekend before.  It works out so nicely to just do it another night and then we get to make Valentines day about the kids and our family. 
Molly's mom, Keely, invited me to a craft night with her.  It was SO fun.  We signed up to make them before hand and these are the ones I chose.  I LOVED how they turned out!  I also did another one that is reversible for Easter/St. Patricks day that will be going up with decor here soon. 
Superbowl Sunday derek came over and went through his method of making pupusas with me.  Now I feel pretty confident I could do it on my own. 
Ashlee got this picture of us working together to make them
Just reminding myself of that day 3 years ago when we signed the papers to own this amazing home of ours!
He saw Charlie's hat on the counter and wanted it on, which of course was too big for him. So I went and grabbed his little hat and he wore it around tons for the next few days.  It was so super adorable! 
Natalia's box all done.  She named it "Roxy" for about two minutes and then decided she didn't want it to have a name. 
The beginning of the crud that they all got.  It was a rough night for this poor bubba and he had a horrible fever.  He slept with me in the guest bed and actually slept past 7am! 
Working on the kids Valentines.  We gave the teachers pink cups filled with pink things saying they were tickled pink to have them as teachers.  The classmates got little rubber ducks saying they were lucky ducks to have them as friends. 
A friend gave me a copy of this conference talk once when I was feeling low and it really helped remind me that I'm doing the best I can and that it is enough.  Then when we were struggling with everyone being sick I was feeling all gloomy (exhaustion was definitely part of the problem) this part of the talk came up on my Facebook feed that someone else had posted.  It reminded me to go back and read the talk.  And I felt better again.  Be peaceful.  You are doing better than you think you are.  
I feel like for a week there dogs all around us were passing away.  I had three friends post that they lost their furbabies within a few days of each other.  It was heartbreaking.  It brings back a lot of the pain of those first weeks of losing our puppa.  I was randomly thinking of this picture one night and the next day it came up on timehop and I was so grateful to see it!
Celebrating ONE month until our departure to beautiful Kona! 
Day after Valentines we met up with Grandma Debra, Steph, and Cypress for breakfast and then went to see Kung Fu Panda 3.  The girls loved it.  We debated taking Quinton, but I figured since he did so well during Frozen on Ice, he would probably do well here too.  And he totally did.  He loved the previews, watched about 5 minutes of the movie, and then zonked out in my lap the rest of the movie.  PERFECT. 
Valentines decor went down.  Then the girls and I worked together to make our count down chain to Hawaii!! Can you tell we are excited?!?!?!
The sun has been visiting us a lot more often than a normal February and we LOVE it.  I'm dying over here watching this little guy prove yet again to me he is not my baby anymore.  The girls were never as adventurous as he is at this age.  For goodness sakes, Lydia just started doing the slide on her own a few months ago! This kid however is already climbing up and going down by himself and he will do it non stop until we drag him into the house kicking and screaming. ha ha ha It's going to be a GREAT summer!! 
I've always wanted one of these signs for the house!  Steph recently got one of the machines that can cut vinyl like this.  So she cut me the letters.  I went to the craft store for wood and stain (using my knowledge from my previous craft night) and made us a sign. I'm very pleased with how it turned out and I even redid the wall to have some teal frames to tie in the color.  
Still recovering from his crude (which turned into pneumonia yay!) he wasn't napping too great. One afternoon he slept for almost an hour and then I thought he was done.  But I sat at the computer with him and he fell back asleep on me.  Giving me snuggles and a chance to catch up on the blog.  Win win. 
Have you heard? They are doing new Gilmore Girls season on Netflix! WOOOO So excited for that!  So I've been watching the old episodes to prep.  And, spent a Friday night coloring from one of my adult books and watching Gilmore Girls.  
Little guy doesn't say much, words he used to say he refuses to say now.  It's a lot of grunting and pointing around here. (An issue we plan to take up with the pediatrician at his two year well check next week)  but then one weekend he figured out the "I don't know" hands and it was adorable.  We would ask him questions and that's how he would respond.  This particular night in the tub we couldn't find his toothbrush, "Quinton where is your toothbrush"  And his response... I don't know
Ran upstairs to grab a diaper, came down stairs when Quinton was screaming and crying to find a big owie on his nose.  Lydia claims she just bumped him with her elbow... it had to have been more than that because this was a massive bump/scratch on his nose.  And it scabbed over when it was healing... a bump doesn't do that.  Poor bubba.  He and sister have a hard time getting a long.  
The day I found these at the store I wanted to cheer.  Natalia's friend had watermelon caprisun (we call all the brands caprisun) and so she wanted some too.  I couldn't find them at Walmart or Target my usual stops.  So I was at Albertsons grabbing a last minute item and checked... sure enough they had them! I was so excited to show her.  A few days later she tells me she doesn't like how they taste.  Ha ha!  Oh well. 
This glorious February sunshine has been fantastic.  We've been trying to walk to school, and walk for pick up as much as possible.  Tue/Wed/Thur mornings though we still have to drive because of preschool and dance.  The kids love squishing into the bike trailer and I push it like a stroller.  
I went back to sleep after a rough night up with Natalia and a tummy ache.  When I woke up I found out Quinton had refused to nap for Charlie.  As soon as I sat on the couch she curled right up on me and zonked out.  Natalia snuggled in next to us and also zonked out.  
Dr. Suess week at school (and our last week before track break!) First day's theme was to wear silly socks.  Natalia also wanted them to be "mitch-matched"  (aka mismatched) 
Day two of Dr. Suess week at school was silly hat day.  She didn't want to wear a silly hat just a normal hat. 
My 31 kit came!!  It's incredible how much you get for the $99!!  I'm super excited to get this adventure going.  I hope I do well.  
In just a few short days he's turning two. My baby isn't my baby anymore, but rather a little boy. A two year old toddler. I'M. NOT. READY. He's this crazy climbing, grunting, pointing, pizza loving little boy. But he's my only baby that loves to sleep on me. I'm sad that the newborn snuggles phase of life is done for us but also so excited to see this little guy grow (and hopefully talk!😝When we get home he loves to be unbuckled and then climb into the back of the car where I am then allowed to get him out. If I try to get him out of the side doors it's the end of the world.

Ha and I got February done before the excitement of the birthday and our trip wooo!!!

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor