Here we are at two months ALREADY!!! Sheesh.
Quinton two month stats: 12lbs 6oz (52%) and 23in long (73%) Head is in the 89%
Lydia two months stats: 10lbs 14oz (50%) and 22 3/4in long (50%) Head is in the 75%
Natalia two months stats: 10lbs 8oz and 23in (we were still seeing the old pediatrician at this time and they didn't give us percentages so I don't know hers)
Either way you put it, Quinton is my biggest baby!! I thought he was a chunk because he seemed bigger then the girls at this age... but his percentages made me feel like he wasn't... then I compared him to the girls stats and I'm back to thinking he is a chunk!
*At the docs office waiting to see Dr. Townsend*
*Tons of smiles now, discovered his tongue so he likes to poke it out with his gummy smiles
*Started cooing! Love when he "talks" to us. One night (after a particularly long day with the girls) Charlie took us out to IPCo for some pizza and salad, totally made the day better. Anyway, he was in back buckling the girls into their seats and Quinton was in his bucket seat facing them. Every time Charlie would turn around to look at Quinton he would coo like crazy. It was ADORABLE.
*He is just on dairy sensitive formula for the time. We tried soy milk formula and it still gave him too much gas. Tried using one of my first batches of frozen breast milk and still same result so we'll just wait until 6ish months to try again
*Still waking up about every 4 hours to eat. Gave me a couple of five hour stretches. Usually down around 9pm (by down I mean snuggled up with me on the couch, I can't bring myself to start putting him in the crib yet, even though at this age both girls would go in the crib at that time and then when I went to bed I would move them to the bassinet, might bite me in the ass later because I'm not introducing the crib early enough but oh well!!) Then he sleeps until about 2/3am and wakes up to eat. We were having issues after this feeding because he would eat and then go back to sleep but then would wake up every 45min -1 hour... for the rest of the night. So I did some tweaking to our routine (feed, diaper change, reswaddle etc) and started feeding him with just a nightlight in his room (I was using a dim lamp before) and the last two nights have gone much much better. I feel like we are back on track.
*Sleeps best during the day in his swing
*Sleeps best when swaddled. Lydia was the same way, but she preferred the fleece swaddle which was looser on her legs/feet, and he prefers the light cotton one which is tighter on the legs/feet. Man is that going to suck having to break him of it later on!! My mom had Lydia for a weekend back in the day and took care of it for us. DOH!
*I discovered the Wonder Weeks app through a mama friend and it has really helped me. I can remember certain things from when the girls were babies, but this app really helps break down the weeks so I know what to expect
*officially done with newborn clothes (SAD FACE!!!)
*He HATES the car seat, screams from the second he goes in until you pull him out. Totally makes car rides SUCK. He kicks so violently in there that he's cut his heels a couple of times on the little plastic part where the buckle attaches. I've been putting bandaids on his heels and tucking a blanket up under him to help prevent it.
*When he is on his play mat he has been trying to bat at his toys that I hang up for him, so he's starting to discover his hands too
Some fun pictures:
*His "little brother" shirt was actually a newborn shirt and a bit snug, but I never got pictures of them in their shirts so I put it on one last time for some pictures and boy did they deliver. Ridiculous Cuteness.
*The cool blanket Charlie's work sent us
*wearing the Hodges onesie Amy sent us when we had Lydia
*Me Oh so tired... that night he actually gave me my first five hour stretch
*He's got some serious lashes coming in.... I hope that means he has LONG ones like Lydia
*Perfecting his bottom lip pout
*SERIOUSLY love this face. Wouldn't you have a hard time putting him down too???
*Made the shadow box with his coming home outfit to match the girls boxes (this is an old picture of theirs before they were done) Now all three hang in our bedroom.
I'm just not ready for him to grow so stinking fast!!!! He's definitely not a newborn anymore, and his little curled up newborn body has change into a chubby baby body. UGH! But man oh man do I love this little boy oh so much. He is definitely a mama's boy!!
LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK QUINTON!!










No comments:
Post a Comment